Regional differences fascinate me. I remember using Southwestern Woman when I started blogging. The Angela Huston character in Lonesome Dove is the very epitome of a southwestern woman. She is by turns, tough and tender and very, very strong. The author nailed it exactly. Here are some characteristics of south western women.
l. She isn't afraid to get dirty and tired.
2. She loves animals and has a great rapport with them.
3. The sun energizes her.
4. Mexican food is manna from heaven.
5. She is familiar with Native American and Hispanic cultures and admires and values both, especially the art.
6. She finds cowboys sexy but realizes they make terrible husbands and seldom marries one.
7. Santa Fe is her spiritual home.
I could go on and on but you get the idea. Do we have another blogger who is a southwestern woman? Yes Laura Emerson fits most of the criteria. She has the best coping skills of any woman I know. I am thinking of the time that she replaced a part in her furnace without help and without ever having done it before.