Bahiyyih

Profile

Username:
wickedwitchofthewest
Name:
Bahiyyih
Location:
Ellensburg, WA
Birthday:
07/30
Status:
Not Interested
Job / Career:
Entertainment

Stats

Post Reads:
24,876
Posts:
124
Last Online:
> 30 days ago
View All »

My Friends

32 min ago
11 hours ago
3 days ago
10 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Subscribe

Wicked End Of The Stick

Entertainment > Humor > How Do You Say Your Name?
 

How Do You Say Your Name?

I took a position at a local hospital doing admitting for the emergency room. I went from dying of boredom and stale ideas to over stimulation and remembering why my name on a name tag raises the quiestion "How do you say your name?" My tally yesterday was nineteen. Nineteen times yesterday I pronounced my name (Bahiyyih) to strangers... Some with broken bones a few fevers a couple myocardial infractions all want to know "How do you say your name?"

Yes so there is that. The name. The questions.

It is a hard way to live in the midst of some sort of Emergency for eight hours a day. I guess I have found I care for people a little more than I thought. I cant stand to see people cry without feeling consumed and teary. It takes everything in my being to not let it take me. I swear I have prayed for more strangers than you could ever imagine! Sitting there choking back tears and begging God not to let it be Pink Eye, again! I have been praying like Im at the Casino!Its draining really but angel work. I do what I can.

It is a lot. I started smoking again. Yes! That is an angle. I started smoking again because of this overwhelming job state.

You can't take anything personal in an Emergency Room because well yes it all an Emergency. Everyone in the place is running on adrenaline. People may be short with you and you got to just let it roll of your back. There are things bigger than that going on like trying not to catch MRSA or scabies.

Now I have to go get into the shower and prepare for THE THUNDER DOME!

By the way I wear a suit and it is hilarious.


posted on Mar 19, 2014 11:52 AM ()

Comments:

Many years ago my Mother worked on the admissions desk at the Medical College of Georgia and some of her stories were hilarious.
comment by gapeach on June 2, 2014 6:16 PM ()
Ha yeah, my last name used to be like that, only offensive to some. So happy I got married and ditched that!
comment by kristilyn3 on Mar 24, 2014 4:21 AM ()
I'll bet you spell your name before they even have a chance to ask. I know I do and mine isn't all that difficult; M.a.r.g.a.r.e.t.
comment by nittineedles on Mar 20, 2014 7:13 PM ()
We know where you have been and you are needed there. It is hard to be
detached in that situation.
comment by elderjane on Mar 20, 2014 7:00 AM ()
Those people are lucky to have you helping them in their time of need because you can see the funny side of life.
comment by troutbend on Mar 19, 2014 2:55 PM ()
As usual, very funny, especially the pink eye part. I find that if there are sad people around me, I seem to pick up the emotion even if they are controlling themselves. I wish I was one of those people who can look at a sad person like they are some sort of specimen that crawled out from under a rock: interesting, but nothing to do with me.
comment by troutbend on Mar 19, 2014 2:54 PM ()
"I wish I...but nothing to do with me." No you don't. That would make you a sociopath.
reply by nittineedles on Mar 20, 2014 7:10 PM ()

Comment on this article   


124 articles found   [ Previous Article ]  [ Next Article ]  [ First ]  [ Last ]