1) "Audible"--Netflix--documentary--38 minutes--a rare glimpse into the lives of 4-5 teens who are still reeling from a suicide of one of their friends--as we meet them the boys of a deaf football team who have never lost a game to other deaf teams are not faring well in this game against a hearing team----A MUST SEE---TELLS MORE IN 38 MINUTES THAN A 2 HOUR FILM WOULD TELL!
2) "Brad's Status"--Prime Video--movie--1 hour & 41 minutes--a father and son are on tour of New England colleges which the son has applied for including one the father graduated from--the father is going through the change of his son leaving home and is feeling he is a failure, especially in comparison to his extremely wealthy college buddies of yesteryear--
why does a director and/or screenwriter feel their story needs to be told in mostly voice over by the main character? It also hinders the story (in this case Mike White is both director & screenwriter)-- THE CAST DOES A GOOD JOB AND THE MOVIE IS NEITHER GOOD OR BAD--JUST A MOVIE.
3) "SHUBH MANGAL ZYADA SAAVDHAN"--Prime Video--East Indian/Filipino movie--1 hour & 57 minutes--funny, crazy, a farce covers a lot of gay issues with parents, relatives, in-laws, straight and gay marriages, couples, arranged marriages--IT IS ZANY, WILD, EMOTIONAL SHOWING HOW MORE ALIKE PEOPLE ARE THAN NOT!
4) "All The Old Knives"--Prime Video--movie--1 hour & 42 minutes--a thriller--8 years after the fact a hijacking of a plane is being revisited by the CIA team investigating it again never solving what happened at the time--2 agents, who were on the case, Henry (Chris Pine) and Celia (Thandiwe Newton) are ex-lovers who are still, strongly, attracted to each other even though she is now married (to someone else) and has kids--director Janus Metz and screenwriter Olen Steinhauer (based on the latter's book) have 2 stories to tell and the one of the investigation is given more importance for the movie's good but leaves the audience wanting more of what ignited the couple's love and many sex scenes that, if eliminated, would have cut the movie to a lot less time--A SLOW MOVING INVOLVED THRILLER WITH A LOT OF 'R' SEX SCENES BETWEEN 2 ACTORS WITH A LOT OF CHEMISTRY!
5) "The Protege"--Prime Video--movie--1 hour & 49 minutes-- a violent thriller--I lost the count of those killed in the first 10 minutes--yes, that type of movie--there is a lot of violence, mainly by the lead actress, Maggie Q, and then there is a lot of violence against her--oh, let's not forget Michael Keaton giving and getting a lot of violence--ANYONE FOR VIOLENCE THIS IS YOUR MOVIE--IT IS A QUICK MOVING FILM AND I ONLY COVERED MY EYES A DOZEN TIMES!