1) "7 Prisoners"--Netflix--Portuguese film--1 hour & 33 minutes--synopsis:to provide a better life for his family in the country 18 year old Mateus accepts a job in a junkyard in Sao Paulo for his new boss Luca but becomes trapped in the dangerous world of human trafficking--this is not an easy film to watch as it follows what one person does to be 'free' though he will never be--a hard, basic film of a coming to age story of poor life in Brazil.
2) "All The Old Knives"--Prime--film--1 hour &42 minutes--Synopsis: Two CIA agents and ex-lovers are brought back together years after a failed rescue attempt and forced to blur the lines between profession and passion--a tale of global espionage, moral dilemma and deadly betrayal--a spy/love drama and I still don't know 'why' about the ending But watching Chris Pine, and especially, Thandie Newton get there is interesting and holds your attention.
3) "The Protege"--Prime--action film--1 hour & 49 minutes--synopsis: rescued as a child by the legendary assassin Moody, Anna is the world's most skilled contract killer. However when Moody is brutally killed, she vows revenge for the man who taught her everything she knows--violent, silly, fun, lots of fights, shooting, crazy escapes, weird love talk but Maggie Q is dynamite and a joy to watch--go for it--enjoy it--cover your eyes now and then--and forget it.
4) "Found"--Netflix--documentary--1 hour & 38 minutes--synopsis; the story of three American teenage girls--each adopted from China--who discover they are blood-related cousins--their online meeting inspires the young women to confront the burning questions they have about their lost history--taken to a strange land in a world that is already strange to their just opened eyes and adopted by people they will never look like this is their story and of the women who adopted them accepting their daughter's need for answers--the girls, Chloe, Lily and Sadie plan a trip to China and we join them in their search for whatever they can find--there is no easy answer to their quest but you will feel their emotions as they discover, not all, things about their early journey.
5) "Merli-Saopere Aude"--Netflix--Spanish series--8 episodes--6 hours-- synopsis: Pol Rubio starts to study philosophy at the University of Barcelona while the relationship between him and Bruno begins to strengthen--Pol meets new friends, new teachers apart from having to face conflicts within himself and who he is--each character is interesting and worth the time to get to know them--as interesting as the students are and their relationships to each other it is their professor Bolana who is the most interesting and she is the most explored character in season 1--as they learn who they are we learn who they are and each has a chance to walk away with the series--I can't wait for season 2!