1) "Dominick Dunne: After The Party"--Prime--Documentary--1 hour & 25 minutes--for a man who has seen, done, witnessed and lived through a lot he is a dull man--sadly his daughter was murdered which affected his life and writing--not worth watching.
2) "The Rehearsal"--HBO Max--comedy series--season 1--6 episodes--3 hours & 14 minutes--Synopsis: the lengths one man will go through to reduce the uncertainties of every day life--I've done this method over 50 years using, "If I do this what is the worst that can happen?"--the show is getting raves (even from people I admire) and I can't figure out why.
3) "Nightmare Alley"--HBO Max--Movie--2 hours & 30 minutes--Synopsis: a manipulative carnie and a devious shrink join forces--excellent performances by Toni Collette, Cate Blanchett and Bradley Cooper--a remake of a 1940s film with Tyrone Power--movie runs 40 minutes longer than the original and is good but was a remake really necessary?
4) "Father of the Bride"--HBO Max--Movie--1 hour & 58 minutes--Synopsis: you are invited to the love, food, music and the fun of a modern rom/com update of the timeless classic that shows the surprising ways the heart can adapt in the name of love from a Latin point of view--every generation needs a "Father of the Bride"--this has Andy Garcia as the father and Adria Arjona as the bride--Garcia (is this sacrilege?) is better than Spencer Tracy was in the original while Liz Taylor is 'more' everything than Arjona--Taylor was absolutely gorgeous in this--not a 'must see' but enjoyable.
5) "Purple Hearts"--Netflix--movie--2 hours & 2 minutes--Synopsis: an inspiring actress/ musician agrees to a marriage of convenience with a soon to be deployed Marine but a tragedy soon turns their fake romance all too real--if you don't know how this movie plays out and will end after the first 15 minutes you haven't seen enough movies--major problem is the soundtrack is 'off' and lips and words don't match--it's a Hollywood soap opera, tearjerker and romance all in one--a love story full and cliche and trashy plus there isn't that major chemistry between the leads BUT I loved it--hey, I'm a sucker for romance!!