Mick

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Maus

Maus > Drmaus's Comments

Drmaus's Comments

I was just trying to remember where I'd heard about a bobcat or snowcat. It was in The Shining, and the Overlook Hotel. I hope you have no insane guests there now.
Comment on Digging Out - Nov 29, 2019 7:59 PM ()
It must be 15-20 inches of snow at the edge of that one roof. In spite of all the work it takes, I miss the snow that used to fall in winter 30 or 40 years ago. My area gets too much rain instead.
Comment on Digging Out - Nov 29, 2019 7:57 PM ()
Everyone wears black these days, so the white outfit sounds nice. I had to order a dress for an event coming up and was trying hard to avoid black, although I've gained pounds and don't feel comfortable in bright or light colors. Anita Bryant was a meanie as I remember.
Comment on Thanksgiving - Nov 29, 2019 7:50 PM ()
That's pretty wild. I think you're right about it being translated one way then back again. Google translate does some weird things when you do that. I think they're not doing it for copyright laws, but Google penalties against duplicate content on a site.
Comment on Fake News in Action - Nov 19, 2019 12:59 PM ()
You are now the official climate administrator, and it's our duty to tell you how cold we are.
Comment on I Don't Want to Know How Cold/warm You Are!! - Nov 18, 2019 5:20 PM ()
There's that cat in the news who keeps opening up all the other cats' cage doors -- I guess they love a challenge. Once I had a dog who would climb out the open kitchen window and walk around on the roof. Very worrying!
Comment on Different Memories - Nov 14, 2019 6:41 PM ()
This is one I think I have to see. While Benedict Cumberbatch seems a mismatch for Edison, I still want to see all these characters. Especially Michael Shannon -- I don't know if you ever saw the horrid Prohibition agent he played in Boardwalk Empire, but it made my skin crawl! He looks far better with longer hair. I'm glad you posted about this one.
Comment on "The Current War"--movie Review - Oct 25, 2019 3:10 PM ()
Interesting story. It may be generalizing, but I’ll bet David and his buddies had a little trouble finding ladies so interested in a regular diet of group shenanigans if money was not involved.
Comment on A True Story from the 60s - Oct 24, 2019 7:58 PM ()
Or maybe they were the best car thieves in the world, successful because they look so harmless. If so, I hope they get away into the sunset.
Comment on Sometimes You Get Surprised. - Oct 23, 2019 6:02 PM ()
When you aren't allowed to burn trash, it must be a worry if you have a lot of it that week. That is a great photo.
Comment on Wildlife - Oct 20, 2019 9:33 AM ()
Hey, I too was checking out what flavors Torani had for sugar-free, for taking along to family gatherings on the holidays. I'm ordering the peach syrup, to mix with carbonated water to make a peach soda. In a coffeehouse we used to top orange or peach soda with a tiny bit of foamed milk. ... The snails can stay in the store.
Comment on New Foods, New Tastses - Oct 18, 2019 12:52 PM ()
That's pretty wild, I had no idea you were married that many times. So, if you named their vocations -- like Tinker, tailor, lawyer, spy, what would that sound like?
Comment on Sometimes - Sept 30, 2019 10:52 AM ()
At least the mouse met his maker in a soft bed.
Considering your vintage linens, I guess it would be hard to decide what is no good anymore. I despise the textures of new towels and sheets. They just aren’t made decently anymore — towels don’t seem very absorbent at all, and new sheets feel awful. Oh, suddenly I remember Miss Marple, in an Agatha Christie story, remarking to herself that the quality of household linens in the London sales had really gone down since the war.
Comment on Cleaning Out the Linen Closet - Sept 30, 2019 10:41 AM ()
Amazon and Netflix have been pouring money into producing exclusive shows. It depends what you like to watch.
Comment on This is Amazing and Cost Effective!! - Sept 23, 2019 11:11 AM ()
That is funny. I can just imagine the adults jumping for candy. Probably they're excited because for once the kids are giving them something instead of the other way round.
Comment on What's New and What's Not. - Sept 17, 2019 5:00 AM ()

Page 1 of 123   Next >>   [1,833 comments found]