Mick

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Maus

Maus > Drmaus's Comments

Drmaus's Comments

This is so sad to read, all of us I’m sure are remembering our own losses now.
Your dog sounds like she’s getting to be in familiar surroundings without being much disturbed, just the way I’d prefer to be in my last days. Eating food is actually work so that may be a little beyond what she can do now.

The vet seems to be imagining that you need the end to happen faster, but she’s obviously mistaken.
Comment on Too Familiar with Loss - Sept 26, 2022 11:26 PM ()
So sorry to hear this. It sounds like the family tried their hardest but some things cannot be overcome. But they tried.
Comment on Reeling from Blows of Fortune. - Sept 13, 2022 9:13 AM ()
Great lesson that authors need to do their research! Reminds me of the article in the paper years ago that described how any blind person might dread winter here, because there was nothing like uncleared, icy sidewalks. I’d never thought about it before.
Comment on Here I AM Again Still Going - Sept 13, 2022 9:00 AM ()
That is too bad, a praying mantis would look coolest behind the wheel.
Comment on Not Quite Driving Miss Daisy - Aug 19, 2022 9:39 AM ()
Hasn't Amazon already been hiring insects? And other species who don't require human treatment?
Comment on Not Quite Driving Miss Daisy - Aug 19, 2022 8:32 AM ()
Tyler must be Sol's cat, but isn't Max the name of yours? Hard to remember. I do remember yours tries to eat lizards and it's not good.
Comment on The Visit, the Birthday, Sol Returns - Aug 1, 2022 11:38 AM ()
So how many moonshiners are in your family tree? You seem to know too much about the process…

The flowers are beautiful. Maybe you need to set up a charity or club to continue the hummingbird feeding. I bet this flock has numbers it wouldn’t without your support of them. Seems like one way to keep numbers of a species alive without the masses of flowers that would have been required.
Comment on Summertime in the Rockies - It's Always Something - July 26, 2022 7:50 AM ()
Jeez. I’m going to start doing pushups. Everything you do obviously makes you able to manage things that are beyond a lot of us. I’m happy to hear Sol is going to be there, along with your daughter; this sounds like wonderful company. Best wishes to Ed and for his comfort.
Comment on Out of the Woodwork, Chapter 2 - July 23, 2022 1:57 PM ()
I guess it all depends on our own follow-through on bringing back things we used to have in our lives. Like seeing friends and family, like going places… actually enjoying our days. I am trying to remind myself to do that.
Comment on Will We Ever Live Normal Lives Again. - July 22, 2022 8:40 AM ()
This is so sad to learn. Ed has always sounded like a wise and admirable guy. I hope for comfort for you knowing you gained a daughter not too long ago. Do take care.
Comment on Heartbreak - June 29, 2022 8:20 AM ()
I gave up my Netflix account to save money, and now I can't see season 2 of Outer Range. Or of Evil.
Comment on Streaming Reviews--june 2022--part 4 - June 23, 2022 12:56 PM ()
Don't be silly, there is no dodging bird poop. The birds will alter their path to aim at the tunnels.
Comment on Sky Tunnel - June 18, 2022 6:12 PM ()
The man who mows my lawn used to use a tractor mower, now uses a standup kind. Probably costs a lot less, for those young twins. I notice it is better for my lawn and its tires don’t sink in like the tractor's did.
Comment on Heat!!! - June 18, 2022 6:08 PM ()
Nice animals. I've never seen a hummingbird around here, but they may be just out of my sight.
Comment on Springtime in the Rockies - May 22, 2022 1:31 PM ()
It's interesting to hear about the variety of careers your grandchildren have chosen. And they sound really gifted.
Comment on I AM Mostly Present - May 22, 2022 1:29 PM ()

Page 1 of 138   Next >>   [2,057 comments found]