Mick

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Maus

Maus > Drmaus's Comments

Drmaus's Comments

Most sharks probably have Atlantis citizenship. Probably no vaccinations either.
Comment on Swimmers Beware !!!! - July 30, 2021 10:13 AM ()
Best results when you cook it in the dark, as johhnn apparently does.
Comment on Butternut Squash Casserole - July 27, 2021 9:23 PM ()
Can I bake it, with raw squash, or do you make a stir-fry?
Comment on Summer Squash Casserole - July 26, 2021 4:15 PM ()
I knew a woman who lived in the Dominican Republic for years, she loved it and had interesting details to tell. For instance, when their husbands or lovers did wrong, women would typically stand out on their roofs or balconies at night and wail loudly to all. I had the impression the DR had things in common with Brazil, like the idea of indulging in joy of life, etc.
Comment on Looking Backward - July 22, 2021 9:31 AM ()
A lot of us democrats are more communist than we used to be. Trump can make anyone a reactionary.
Comment on Life Goes On - July 12, 2021 1:59 PM ()
That's excellent handling of the pharmacist. It's true, they should feel quite comfortable sending a regular customer away with his meds.
Comment on And the Drama Continues!! :O) - July 12, 2021 1:54 PM ()
It's too bad you don't have scrappers nearby who come running for the metal. All we have to do is put it outside, sometimes to put a curb alert in Craigslist. It's wonderful getting rid of a heap of stuff.
Comment on Dumpster - July 8, 2021 6:58 AM ()
I guess a lot of people are checking to make sure you make these daily posts. It looks like the hurricane turned, thank goodness.
Comment on Iguanas & Hurricane Elsa! - July 6, 2021 8:13 AM ()
It seems as if a lot of us are in a downturn, all for different reasons. So sorry to hear about Ted’s brothers. Ted’s weird diet may not be all that horrible, at least he’s getting some protein and calories. (But yuck!) My sister’s husband is suffering from depression once again, my yard guy had a work accident, and I am weak and my brain is mush. I started trying to memorize countries of the world to test my memory, it was so bad. I know just about all of Africa, so the brain actually does work, it seems. I think we need to go shopping or on a short, easy daytrip that takes no planning -- and then a nap on some very squishy soft pillows.
Comment on Craziness - June 23, 2021 11:08 AM ()
Yes, I wish that sergeant were being prosecuted as well. The lawsuit you linked told it all right there.
Comment on Little Old Lady #3 - June 19, 2021 6:28 PM ()
It's interesting to follow this along closely. Listening to the police chief’s statement and answering questions, I realized how hard it is for the public to find out what the police get up to. He was, like most public officials, extremely adept at avoiding putting into words any of the offending police officers’ actions, or their names, or any of the events that occurred. They don’t want those words and phrases repeated anywhere on city videos. Not having any of it in words helps everybody forget what happened.

I also tried looking at some of the linked reports on that dedicated page. The annual reports seem to be just things identifying policies in a very broad way, and as few statistics on anything as possible. The only way the public really finds out what police are up to is from body cam footage going public.
Comment on Little Old Lady Case - City Actions - June 18, 2021 9:35 AM ()
It'll be enlightening to see what punishments they get. I also wonder about previous cases of excessive force, with the male.
Comment on Colorado Little Old Lady vs Police Update - June 17, 2021 9:38 AM ()
Please post pictures of quilts you've made, I love handmade sewing stuff. And congratulations on your bear bravery.
Comment on Sunshine and Shadow - June 6, 2021 12:05 PM ()
Several robins "administer" my lawn and eat things from it, but I haven't seen the eggs or nest. They might be the ones who nest in the pine tree, because when I take the trash out at night I wake up some birds who get snippy.
Comment on Dullsville - June 5, 2021 12:54 PM ()
In the midst of these adventures in pain, worry, concern, and joy, it’s still amusing to imagine you sitting on a floor rebelliously eating where they told you not to.
Comment on I've Been Busy - May 28, 2021 9:38 AM ()

Page 1 of 133   Next >>   [1,987 comments found]