Mick

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Maus

Maus > Drmaus's Comments

Drmaus's Comments

When you aren't allowed to burn trash, it must be a worry if you have a lot of it that week. That is a great photo.
Comment on Wildlife - Oct 20, 2019 9:33 AM ()
Hey, I too was checking out what flavors Torani had for sugar-free, for taking along to family gatherings on the holidays. I'm ordering the peach syrup, to mix with carbonated water to make a peach soda. In a coffeehouse we used to top orange or peach soda with a tiny bit of foamed milk. ... The snails can stay in the store.
Comment on New Foods, New Tastses - Oct 18, 2019 12:52 PM ()
That's pretty wild, I had no idea you were married that many times. So, if you named their vocations -- like Tinker, tailor, lawyer, spy, what would that sound like?
Comment on Sometimes - Sept 30, 2019 10:52 AM ()
At least the mouse met his maker in a soft bed.
Considering your vintage linens, I guess it would be hard to decide what is no good anymore. I despise the textures of new towels and sheets. They just aren’t made decently anymore — towels don’t seem very absorbent at all, and new sheets feel awful. Oh, suddenly I remember Miss Marple, in an Agatha Christie story, remarking to herself that the quality of household linens in the London sales had really gone down since the war.
Comment on Cleaning Out the Linen Closet - Sept 30, 2019 10:41 AM ()
Amazon and Netflix have been pouring money into producing exclusive shows. It depends what you like to watch.
Comment on This is Amazing and Cost Effective!! - Sept 23, 2019 11:11 AM ()
That is funny. I can just imagine the adults jumping for candy. Probably they're excited because for once the kids are giving them something instead of the other way round.
Comment on What's New and What's Not. - Sept 17, 2019 5:00 AM ()
Ask some computer people you trust about LibreOffice. It is a substitute for Microsoft Office and is free. It has been around for years; I use it on Macs to be able to read Windows files. It's available at LibreOffice.org.

It just might be possible to open those old files of yours, too. I'm not sure. I know, though, you are not going to want to risk a new computer until you get good information.
Comment on New Computer - Sept 15, 2019 6:36 PM ()
I'm worried about Jacque too, it is abnormal to give away chocolate candy unless it's a holiday or something. How do you cook steaks? I am bad at that.
Comment on Life is Better with Steak and M&ms! - Sept 11, 2019 7:57 PM ()
He sounds very funny to watch. Just hope you don't name him after members of the Manhattan Project like in Big Bang Theory.
Comment on He's into Everything - Sept 1, 2019 11:22 AM ()
That’s an awful lot of calories to need. I wonder how much grass and roots they eat. To stay alive seems so easy for us humans, in comparison. I am not about to feed bears (or vultures, like that woman in Calif.) however.
Comment on Summer's End - Sept 1, 2019 11:04 AM ()
Your insistence on variety makes for a healthier diet. In a hurricane my food stores would probably consist of bread & cheese, crackers and cheese, boxes and boxes of cookies. Then I’d be eating canned vegetables straight out of the can, with my fingers. Maybe if I remembered, I’d pack fresh and dried fruits.
Comment on Ready for Dorian! - Aug 30, 2019 8:54 AM ()
When someone out in the country says "prepping," I always think they mean they're survivalists expecting the end of days. I just went through a lot of tossing out of stuff, donating, selling. It makes you feel like you have a new house.
Comment on Came and Went - Aug 29, 2019 11:37 PM ()
I only wish I were as conditioned as you are, with gardening, dog walking, looking after family and everything else. You got me curious about my governor's family and other details, and when looking him up I saw that he got a Ph.D. in political science from MIT, which seemed an odd place to get that.
Comment on Early Fall - Aug 29, 2019 11:27 PM ()
I can absolutely see Thomas Hayden Church playing someone called The Salt Water Redneck.
Comment on "The Peanut Butter Falcon"--movie Review - Aug 28, 2019 1:26 PM ()
That's a nice sort of vacation to do. And I see you've gotten 2 dogs so they are company for each other, too.
Comment on 4c Camp for Adults and Other Updates - Aug 22, 2019 12:41 PM ()

Page 1 of 122   Next >>   [1,824 comments found]