Mick

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Maus

Maus > Drmaus's Comments

Drmaus's Comments

Guinea hens hide their nests, or so I read from a guy who blogged in the PA woods. Maybe they were attempting to build nests up on that roof.
Comment on Guineas, Chickens and Friends ... Oh My! - Aug 3, 2020 7:25 PM ()
But the hummingbird buffet stays open. I like seeing the baby resting one.
Comment on The News from Here - July 31, 2020 8:22 AM ()
I agree that they seem to be trying to catch up on a missed opportunity to charge you extra. In general, though, I'm not sure I'm against dentists adding a charge now; anyone who hangs over your face for extended periods had better be taking added precautions and added sanitizing of their offices. In fact, I'd want them to outline just what their added costs are going towards. The respirator plastic masks the doctor needs are not that much, generally, but add in the use of products to sanitize the entire area after every patient and it might add up. These may include added UV lights for nighttime sanitizing. If they want to charge it, they should explain it. By the way, your teeth look great.
Comment on A Rant with Questions!! :O) - July 29, 2020 9:39 AM ()
I too share the witchiness of hair out of control. I was calling mine the swamp hag look. My hair won't stay pinned or clipped up, either. I keep vacillating about cutting off about 6 inches of it.
Comment on Obituaries and More - July 26, 2020 11:46 AM ()
Ah, yes, shopping online. On Amazon, which has its crappy items too, I've had a reminder to check that the item has a good number of reviews, and then I read a couple of them at least. I was recently fooled into buying some knit tops that were thin and horribly cheap. When I was looking for generators, my engineer friend suggested each one I consider ought to have at least 200-250 reviews and at least 60% had better be positive. But at least their system helps fill in the gaps that exist when you can't see the item in person.
Comment on Not on Amazon? it Doesn't Exist! - July 24, 2020 11:47 AM ()
Wow. Thank goodness for the fence. But I'd print a copy of that letter to the editor about rats and keep it with the photos. Flinging dead animals onto your property is spreading disease.
Comment on Cat Hating Neighbour Escalating - July 22, 2020 1:33 PM ()
Speaking of witches, it would be tempting to start doing weird things in my backyard if I knew a horrible neighbor was surveilling me. You could hold meetings where everyone is wearing wizard robes and chanting. Or just play records of whalesong or frogs croaking, every day.
Comment on The Continuing Saga of the Cat Hater - July 20, 2020 6:07 AM ()
Notes like that always feel nasty. Around here, there are so many pit bulls and too much danger from cars that if I had a cat it would have to be an inside cat for its own safety.
Comment on She's at it Again - July 15, 2020 3:26 PM ()
It is a pretty lonely time. I dislike how everyone just texts instead of calling.
Comment on Rewards - July 9, 2020 1:14 PM ()
My first thought was "How do they know who tested positive? Who gave them this information?" Since you say it's the building management, not the health department.
Comment on Finally! (And a Rant!) - July 8, 2020 5:27 PM ()
People shoot off guns aimlessly to celebrate? I thought they only did that in cartoons. The fireworks my neighbors set off made me vow to give my lawn a thorough soaking next July 4th, because they lit them in the middle of the street for 2 hrs., and I saw my grass keep catching sparks. It was pretty irresponsible.
Comment on A Quiet July 4th - July 6, 2020 11:36 AM ()
I read those numbers and immediately fainted.
Comment on Good Thing I like the Heat and Humidity! - July 1, 2020 4:10 PM ()
I'm gathering words to describe my disgust for when I have to react to things businesses do, or what happens in the news: that is flagrant! infamous!... I lost the rest of my list. Anyway, your dentist deserves one. I just noticed the rainbow ring on your profile photo - where did you make that?
Comment on Life Good & Bad June 20 2020 So Far - June 25, 2020 3:00 PM ()
The hummingbird feeding must be fun to watch, and so pretty. Can't blame you for extreme measures against mice when they carry deadly virus. I remember once a mouse jumped up to my bed and my screams must have carried pretty far. I tied up the drapes (which he used to jump over) and then the bedspread got a lot shorter.
Comment on Summer Solstice - June 23, 2020 1:40 PM ()
Adam is a funny name for a poodle, but I like that Jose has a devoted friend. It's always good to be cautious about virus; my oldest sister even before the virus would touch public doors and public faucets only with a paper towel. Another sister, however, is definitely not being careful enough even though she is also in medicine.
Comment on Not Much is Happening - June 21, 2020 2:09 PM ()

Page 1 of 127   Next >>   [1,904 comments found]