Mick

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Maus

Maus > Drmaus's Comments

Drmaus's Comments

That's a nice sort of vacation to do. And I see you've gotten 2 dogs so they are company for each other, too.
Comment on 4c Camp for Adults and Other Updates - Aug 22, 2019 12:41 PM ()
In this heat I would recommend the less-exerting choices, either a play or movie in the cool dark. I loved the movie version of Arsenic & Old Lace with Cary Grant. In clothes sometimes it's the color or fabric I can't find anywhere else that I love and hang onto -- you know those hippie sort of Indian stores that sell clothes and incense? I love those because of the bright colored fabrics.
Comment on Addicted - Aug 21, 2019 8:53 AM ()
For those who don't cook, or live alone and don't cook large portions of meat often, that falling-apart pot roast sounds wonderful. I think I may try this meat pie recipe sometime to take to my sister's. She actually cooks, unlike most of us in the family, so she is the one I like to try to impress. I have seen her throw out leftovers of food I've made in the past, but remembering some of my attempts I can't blame her.

Recently I found a can of evaporated milk left over from holidays when I made fudge, so I looked up recipes to use it up. I ended up making macaroni & cheese with broccoli and it was the best I recall having. I think I'll keep evaporated milk around to use.
Comment on Is Pot Roast Overrated? - Aug 17, 2019 8:06 PM ()
Is it possible to put a couple of citronella garden torches — the short kind that look like metal flowers — on that side of your yard? People have waited so long for this to be legal that if you show a live-and-let-live attitude they may be far more likely to be considerate of you (and possibly light up at a spot that doesn’t go straight into your windows).
Comment on Fed Up - Aug 16, 2019 12:25 PM ()
Everyone does wonder why he was off suicide watch so quickly, especially such a high-profile prisoner.
Comment on Epstein - Did He Do It? - Aug 10, 2019 2:38 PM ()
My sister thinks I'm gross but I harp on the toilet issue all the time. It was a shock to me when I had to travel across Pittsburgh by train and bus, and downtown had no public toilets. I hope S.F. manages that pilot program and keeps it. "Facilities" used to be standard in the U.S., but I suspect most large cities stopped caring about offering normal human services for a decade or two.
Comment on Random Headlines - Aug 10, 2019 7:49 AM ()
That's smart. I like the idea of having things squared away to make it much easier on family members. When we buried my brother I decided a little later on I'd pay for a bronze marker for myself and the fee to add my ashes to my brother's grave, which is permitted for a family member. My other siblings seemed to just want their ashes scattered in nice places.
A garage sale indoors might be a nice thing. No one wants to browse outside in this heat.
Comment on Just Doing It - Aug 8, 2019 10:10 AM ()
That all sounds good. I guess you use at least 2 TVs and one uses an analog converter box so you can get old fashioned broadcast channels, right?
Comment on Cutting the Cable!! - Aug 8, 2019 9:59 AM ()
That lady shouldn't be in food service, where all the customers are hungry and more likely to be cranky than her. If you see her there the next time you should walk right out! ... And of course now I want a hamburger or something, and I already had my salad.

When I worked at a coffeeshop, whenever an Asian customer would come in, which was often because it was in a university neighborhood, the manager would mutter, "Dec. 7, 1941" not quite under his breath. Some people should go wash cars.
Comment on Fast Food Hell--a Long Rant by a Guy Who Usually - Aug 6, 2019 10:14 AM ()
I want to read this but my eyes really need paragraphs. Can you go to usercenter and just click Save?
Comment on Fast Food Hell--a Long Rant by a Guy Who Usually - Aug 5, 2019 10:24 PM ()
What good news, a new cat. If I were a cat in a new place, I’d probably do what yours did — take shelter for the night in a tactically safe place. Then possibly stay there until I could judge how to navigate further.
Comment on Welcome Garfield - Aug 4, 2019 9:40 AM ()
I think your instinct to leave them in ignorance for now is a good idea. And make sure your contract doesn’t automatically renew. (Having a photo taken each time someone goes up into the attic seems like a good practice.)
After my electrical adventures, I'm now up to 5 destroyed surge protectors plus one worldband radio. Houses are such fun.
Comment on Air Conditioner Scam - July 26, 2019 2:36 PM ()
Oh, this is just terrible and I'd want to rebel. It looks like a prison. I see that having a wild design on the outside of your windowshades isn't allowed, so -- all I can think of is someone should have a psychedelic light show every night at their windows. Open your shades, hang a lighted disco ball, and make it glitter for the neighborhood.
Comment on The New 'Uniform' Gateway Terrace Apartments - July 25, 2019 8:54 PM ()
Okay, i’d be grabbing that key the moment the police came by. One of my first thoughts was that he is a counselor who was a former drug abuser, and even if he isn’t actually using he has regressed to that lifestyle. Lending him a vehicle or renting to him could make your property liable to seizure. Please be careful.
Comment on Excitement at the Ranch - July 25, 2019 6:46 AM ()
My goodness, that hotel is in NM? It's a ski slope. I hope your weather is as nice and cool as projected.
Comment on Countdown to Vacay - July 21, 2019 11:14 AM ()

Page 1 of 121   Next >>   [1,810 comments found]