marta

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Cafe Au Lait

Cafe Au Lait > Marta's Comments

Marta's Comments

For some people, depression swallows them whole, like quicksand. Perhaps they feel they are unworthy of help, or they lose their voice and their sense of personal power to affect positive change for themselves. My heart breaks for them. I weep for them.
Comment on The Warning Signs - July 9, 2020 5:18 AM ()
One step and one smile at a time, dear Jeri....
Comment on Rewards - July 9, 2020 5:06 AM ()
Hello, dear Fredo! Sending you many good wishes! So nice to catch up with you. Take best care, my friend. Happy Fourth of July holiday weekend!
Comment on Hello and Happy Forth. - July 3, 2020 5:14 PM ()
Love the way hummingbirds flock to your feeders!
Comment on Summer Solstice - June 23, 2020 2:22 AM ()
Spring weather has been lovely here in Northwest Ohio, and I enjoyed my favorite season as much as I could, primarily from indoors. July, August, and summer heat is just around the corner, and I will be staying indoors for that as much as possible, as I can't tolerate such heat and humidity. I feel like a caterpillar in chrysalis, changing and staying safe, patiently waiting inside my hard shell home, awaiting some future time when I can break free --- and fly!
Comment on Not Much is Happening - June 22, 2020 12:21 PM ()
Comment on Smoke Maps - June 16, 2020 12:55 PM ()
My goodness, bears are certainly assertive souls, aren't they? Once a bear gets a reward finding some food in one cabin once, the jig is up forever. Plus their sense of smell is 7 times better than a blood hound's or 2,100 times better than a human. OooooooBoy....
Comment on Bear-a-palooza - June 14, 2020 4:54 AM ()
Oh, YAY! A Troutbend recipe! Thanks for reminding me how delicious quiche is....
Comment on What's for Dinner - June 8, 2020 5:56 AM ()
This post rang a bell with me. Over three years ago, a dear friend of mine with bipolar and anxiety disorders began self-isolating and just vanished from social contact with our small tight group of friends. She doesn't respond or reply to any outreach any of us make. All we each can do from time to time is reach out with a message of friendship and support on her phone message recorder. I especially mourn the loss of our times together.
Comment on Boo Hoo - June 7, 2020 5:15 AM ()
You have the best comebacks, one liners, and zingers, dear T.

Joining you in the getting to sleep at 2 a.m. club. My sleep pattern is a mess on a good day because of my fibro, but in addition, my circadian rhythm has been out of sync since my COVID-19 illness in early March, which caused extreme fatigue. And in the weeks of recovery, I'm awake when I should be asleep and asleep when I should be awake. Bizarre.
Comment on What I Shudda Said - June 5, 2020 3:43 AM ()
Comment on Elk - May 30, 2020 3:50 PM ()
I'm smiling because Jose reminds me of the adorable enthusiastic little two-year-old boy I cared for years ago. He was quite a precocious negotiator for what he wished for, wanted and needed to do. "Fair is fair," he used to say, so seriously and joyfully at the same time. He made my heart dance every day.
Comment on Doggy Disapproval - May 21, 2020 3:54 AM ()
For heaven's sake, dear tiny T, at 106 lbs., where did they think your body was going to have room internally for three bottles of lemon-lime anything? It would be sloshing out of your ears!
Comment on Enough is Enough - May 12, 2020 1:56 PM ()
Surrounding you with Positivity!
Comment on Update - May 11, 2020 6:44 PM ()
One of my heart's pleasures, when I think of you and wish you well, Jeri, as I do often, is imagining the flowers in the full bloom of springtime around you. Despite staying safe at home and missing your family and friends, I hope seeing the blooming flowers brightens every day.
Comment on Living Life in the Time of the Virus - May 10, 2020 7:37 PM ()

Page 1 of 383   Next >>   [5,741 comments found]