Stella Starr

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Watcher

Watcher > Stella's Comments

Stella's Comments

I wish someone had taught me 50 years ago to unplug things when I lose power. We lose power entirely too frequently, and the reboot burned out the brain on my television one time, and a new computer another time. I’m 72 now, and grateful to learn this. It’s NEVER too late to learn. Thank you!
Comment on Electrical Me - June 18, 2022 8:36 AM ()
It’s not just Florida. I’ve seen it in Illinois, Wisconsin, Georgia, and New York.
Comment on Little Old Lady Update - June 18, 2022 8:29 AM ()
Freedom- Stella here. Been gone a long time while my sister battled Multiple Myeloma. I was unaware you were not well, but I celebrate you recovering. Remember, the speed does not matter, just keep moving forward. Wishing you good health! Cheers, Stella
Comment on Hello Everyone - June 18, 2022 8:24 AM ()
Hi tealstar,
There is a small oxygen concentrator, about two pounds, made by Inogen, so he won’t have to worry about running out of oxygen. The name of that company again, in INOGEN. Cheers, Stella
Comment on Out of the Woodwork - June 18, 2022 8:08 AM ()
Teens tend to believe that once they get their Driver’s License, they are drivers. Not so. In Illinois, it is suggested that an adult supervise the first 25 hours of a teen’s post License driving. In my family the number of hours is increased by a factor of ten. Two hundred and fifty hours. The new driver does ALL the driving, in all the vehicles. We visit out of town relatives, go on vacations, grocery and other shopping. A competent driver is the co-pilot. There is no yelling, no radio playing. Before we loose a 16 year old on the road with a couple of tons of vehicle, they learn to handle all the vehicles in the family. It’s not that we don’t trust them. It is that there are lots of people driving cars badly or impaired, too young or too old, and we want them to know how to keep themselves safe. It also keeps insurance claims away. Hints: Hit the bunny in the road. At 55 mph, you don’t want to have your vehicle out of control. DO swerve or slow to avoid a deer. They not only trash the front end, they also come through the windshield and kill you. Snow & ice? Proceed carefully to an empty parking lot and practice driving out of skids by driving into, then out of them. It’s counterintuitive, so practice! Being a safe driver is VERY COOL!!
Comment on New Truck - Mar 17, 2022 10:34 PM ()
The piece of tape on Irene’s chest keeps a small Fentanyl pain relief patch from falling off. She has breakthrough pain, which is treated with morphine shots, alternating with pain pills. This may be better managed with Palliative Care. I sure hope so.
Comment on My Sister Irene - Mar 17, 2022 9:57 PM ()
See next post for picture of Irene
Comment on My Sister Irene - Mar 17, 2022 9:50 PM ()
Beedith and I were close friends, starting in 1967. I miss her, but knowing how much she suffered with Scleroderma, I would not call her back. She was a kindhearted soul, flying free in the Universe, free from pain. Thanks, traveltales, for remembering her with me. Did I mention that she was a woman whose outer beauty reflected her soul?
Comment on For Those Who Remember Beedith: - Mar 17, 2022 6:36 PM ()
Hi folks, Amazing as it may seem, I’m here again. I’m now 72 years old, and I’m still alive!
I’ve been essentially quarantined at home except or doctors, and visiting my sister, who has Multiple Myeloma, and is now in a Nursing Home, while her partner of 60 years lives in there home alone. Some maggot who worked at the Nursing home believed that the Vaccines for COVID-19 were a government plot against him infected my sis with COVID-19 Delta. She was in critical condition for a month, but has survived. She is back on Chemotherapy again. Still crazy after all these years.
Comment on Halloween - Feb 21, 2022 8:40 PM ()
Hi Teal, I just discovered the credentials for this account, so I’m sending a quick hello. How wonderful that you have your daughter! What a wonderful happiness for you.
I’m so sorry you found out about your friend by finding her obit. Sending you hugs for the sad moments.
My sister’s cancer has made her unable to walk, and with a lesion on one of her hips. She has been in & out of Hospital, and since last August she has been in a Nursing Home. She is chronically in pain. The home is criminally understaffed. The staff apparently steals her pain medication, because there are periods of days when they tell her they are out of her medication, and they give her Tylenol for her cancer pain.
I visit her every day that I am able to do so. This may be all you hear from me until things settle down a bit. I have no idea how to change things. I’m being as tenacious as possible. Much love and many hugs, Stella starts with the same letter as my true name. I’m so glad you like your JackieLawson cards.
Comment on New Computer - Feb 21, 2022 8:24 PM ()
Based on her previous behavior and comments, I had absolutely no difficulty believing the story. Gosh Darn It, indeed.
Comment on Gosh Darn It - Oct 27, 2013 10:30 AM ()
Are you sure there isn't a guy out there collecting animals because God told him to build an Ark?
Humor is my best defense against tragedy. Then I just start doing what needs doing.
You keep on keeping on. Colorado has been in many prayers. My friend Patty may get a new house, her damage is so bad, but her hubby says they will keep on truckin'.

Comment on Shoveling - Oct 27, 2013 10:16 AM ()
Not gone, just in over my head. Cheers, Stella :-)
Comment on Fred Pohl and the Past - Oct 17, 2013 6:25 PM ()
I miss The Pink Palace.
Comment on Not Everyone is Good at Business - Oct 17, 2013 6:19 PM ()
I grew up in Chicago, and was riding the El and the subway alone at nine. today I don't go to the city without a bodyguard. Times change. back then I might have made a kidnapper miserable enough to pay my parents to take me back. Today they would probably just murder me and toss my body in a dumpster.
Comment on Different Stories -- I Free-associate - Oct 17, 2013 6:13 PM ()

Page 1 of 4   Next >>   [53 comments found]