Teal

5 days ago
21 days ago
29 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

So sorry you are struggling with pain and overwhelmed with "musts". You must focus on a positive attitude because it will help and, anyway, if you want out of the misery, it's the only game in town. Before I was limited to grocery shopping as my only social endeavor, I only went out for dinner when we had guests and they weren't all that common, either. I have my chores, and my piano to keep me busy. Socially I am not really in a new space. And, of course, I now live for the e mails I am exchanging with my daughter. We connect every day. It's awesome. I'm happy.
Comment on Have You Changed with the Times? - Jan 16, 2021 4:17 PM ()
Since you are the only one he minds, go out in a wheelchair with a friend and the troublesome Jose. If you're there, he'll be okay.
Comment on My Sweet Jose is Dishing Out Punishment - Dec 19, 2020 11:19 AM ()
How devastating. I will write to Mike.
Comment on Health Alert on Fredo - Dec 8, 2020 7:58 AM ()
I too miss the connections we used to have. For me, the blog is a kind of diary and I like to put down my experiences. I don't put my personal thoughts on Facebook because it is too public.
Comment on Where Have All the Bloggers Gone? - Nov 27, 2020 6:54 AM ()
I'm reading this late. In Florida, early voting means you go, in person, to a different polling place that you are informed about, and cast your vote. We have early voted in the last three elections. This time we got mail ballots and avoided the post office and took them to a Supervisor of Elections drop box a full three weeks before the election. And isn't the result glorious? Yeah, brain dead Florida went red, but the rest of the country did not.
Comment on Ballot? - Nov 24, 2020 9:37 PM ()
We were invited to a Thanksgiving dinner. We aren't going. We are cooking for us and our forever houseguest, Sol, and that's it. My advice, don't go on your own to the dinner. I am drinking a glass of tart cherry juice every day after breakfast, and it is helping my back. I strongly recommend it. Get it on Amazon, or at your local supermarket. And if you aren't sure, Google its benefits. HopingAshley gets better soon.
Comment on "May You Live in Interesting Times". - Nov 21, 2020 5:50 AM ()
really great photos.
Comment on Adelaide South Australia - Nov 13, 2020 5:56 AM ()
I know all about the "nothing makes him happy" syndrome. They do have their good side though. We now have Direct TV. We had Dish. Ed wasn't happy. Now he wants to go back to Dish. I just go with the flow.
Comment on Life Goes On - Nov 13, 2020 5:53 AM ()
I post about every 7 to 10 days and it's always a lengthy and informative essay about what I'm up to. Jeri (Elderjane) also does the same. We are the ones keeping up the tradition. Join us.
Comment on Bloomin Heck - Nov 12, 2020 5:26 PM ()
I think you can take heart. Military air cover for Biden is in place and Secret Service agents are already assigned to him. This is a sure sign that he will prevail. He is leading in the remaining states and only Alaska is staying red. Biden will get Michigan, Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania. He only needs Pennsylvania. Trump needs all of them. He won't get them.
Comment on Power Outage - Nov 6, 2020 8:21 AM ()
I've been dealing with debilitating physical issues but buying into a new treatment seems to be helping I am drinking a glass of tart cherry juice every morning. I am beginning to see results. Other than being a drag ass, I am grinding my teeth over the election. Ridding ourselves of the Orange Porker is key to my well being.
Comment on Roller Coaster - Nov 3, 2020 9:42 AM ()
The pieces I like best are beyond me now. The Waldstein (Beethoven) I am not young enough to get it. It would take years and my hands are compromised and I go to bed with a turmeric compress every night to revive my thumbs. I studied the Brahms-Handel variations and got it to 60-70 percent and got distracted and did other things, so bringing it back would be major. Anyway these are not pieces that the average listener accesses easily. For entertainment at parties, if I am asked, I play Chopin -- the Harp Etude, the Revolutionary Etude, the Fantasie Impromptu, the Black Key Etude. I keep these up to date always -- they are good for my hands. Right now, I have realized I'm in a rut, so I am reviewing the Beethoven sonatas -the Pathetique, the Appassionata. the Tempest. the Moonlight (all movements) -- these I can succeed with but it will take a year of daily attention. And of course, there is the Liszt Harp etude -- I had it to 75% when I stopped working on it. Life just took over. Add another year for the Liszt.
Comment on My Musical Past and Such - Nov 2, 2020 11:55 AM ()
I am happy to miss this.
Comment on Evil - Oct 27, 2020 9:08 PM ()
Apparently Laura has fallen in love with New York. Can't blame her. Didn't she go to get into the fashion industry? Has she succeeded in that? My friend, the fashion exec is stil a good contact, if she's interested.
Comment on The Pandemic, Cold Weather and Me. - Oct 22, 2020 10:28 AM ()
I told Ed about Laura's rental and he said $28,000 a year is cheap. Going rate for a studio, $6,000 a month. Just think, my first year in New York, 1957, I got an apartment in Little Italy for $17 a month and gave it up to marry Jay and move in with him. Our 2,000 sq, ft, loft in lower Manhattan, started at $125 a month in 1959, crept up to $700 and they were stopped there because improvements were mandatory if they wanted to raise the rent.
Florida is nowhere near as good to its seniors as New York City. By the time new owners took over, they wouldn't give me a lease. They couldn't raise the rent unless they made costly improvements and they couldn't evict me. I was protected, grandfathered in. In Florida, developers bought land with trailers - evicted everyone. Those with new trailers were able to relocate. Those with older trailers were homeless. That would never happen in NYC. They had to abandon their project when they learned they would have to install an entire sewer system. But the poor who were evicted were still homeless.
Comment on The Pandemic, Cold Weather and Me. - Oct 21, 2020 10:42 AM ()

Page 1 of 422   Next >>   [6,320 comments found]