Teal

1 day ago
2 days ago
24 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

Tough love is one thing, but not paying attention to new information, like giving his dog away (red flag! red flag!) blows my mind.I'm sure your kind attention will be comforting.Be well.
Comment on The Warning Signs - July 2, 2020 12:14 PM ()
Comment on The Warning Signs - July 2, 2020 12:13 PM ()
if think there is fake news being put out by the main stream media (CBS, ABC, NBC, etc.) ask yourself why Trump doesn't sue. If he's right and it's fake news, he could win a large settlement. Why doesn't sue instead of just ranting like a 2-year-old? Because you can't sue facts and he would lose in court. You can trust the main stream media. I worked in the field for 30 years. I saw the efforts to keep everything squeaky clean. If it's wrong, a retraction. Don't be taken in by the Orange Fat.
Comment on Twilight Zone (Rewrite) - July 1, 2020 8:58 AM ()
don't be harsh on the protesters. 400 hundred years of oppression can make you crazy. anyway, wear the mask, isolate, wash your hands a lot. Our best friends, Jean and Danny, were just tested because they felt ill. They'll know in 5 days. So if they have the virus what about their 3 daughters? Florida cases rising by triple digits every day. Gov. DeSantis swaggering with, nothing to see here, folks.
Comment on Twilight Zone (Delete) - July 1, 2020 8:48 AM ()
Some years ago, I was in therapy and my therapist asked, "Where do you want to be 5 years from now," and I sincerely answered, "Not dead." I never made long-range plans. I made short range plans and made them happen. One thing led to the next. An unexpected meeting at a sci fi meeting (the Hydra Club) introduced me to my first husband. We met,and from our date the next day until he died 36 years later, we were never apart.
Wenths later and were together 36 years when he died. I didn't plan any of it. I joined a bereavement group where I met Ed. I thought he was full of himself. He used to walk me to the subway and eventually we dated. Three years later we got married. He used to say he'd never marry again, that if he did, it wouldn't be me, and he would never live in Florida. And I kept saying, sure, whatever. After the wedding, he told me he was rich. Who knew. Mr. Careful. My engagement ring could pay for a house. Living in a dream house on big water, surrounded by wildlife. Ed is afraid of being happy. Ed working as a court appointed guardian for the elderly. Loves it. Now that he is isolating, he misses his God fix. (They all think he's wonderful.) I keep reminding him to count his blessings.
Comment on Mail - June 25, 2020 3:51 PM ()
Re Star Trek, I never watched the first series, thought it was juvenile. I loved TNG series in the early 90s. Data was my favorite character. That was a while ago. I am back normal to now. One of the nurses on my husband's home care rotation loved Jonathan Frakes. One of the nurses, Anthony, whose brother is Tate Donovan, the actor, was a control freak withe the remote and we used to fight over it.
Comment on Curtains, Covid, Klingons - June 22, 2020 6:28 AM ()
I have a genteel affection for all living creatures, insects excluded. I am upset when I see road kill. Recently our trash can was upended, so I had to stop leaving it out the night before pick up. The closing of restaurants means that rats and other vermin had to venture off their "beat" to find food. In the house, due to super cat, I have to rescue geckos pretending to be dead by not moving. I drop a Chinese plastic container over them, slip an 8x10 cardboard underneath, and take it outside and put it in a shady spot on the lawn. I give it a little lecture about coming into the pool cage (don't ask me how they manage that).Bears are definitely on my I think you are adorable, but I think I'll keep my distance list. Large birds come on our lawn. They are skittish and fly away if you try to come near. Egrets, pelicans, herons, osprey. Yes, it's Paradise, but intellectually: mostly brain dead.
Comment on The Occasional Bear - June 19, 2020 11:20 AM ()
Florida where I live now has had a spike in cases, probably fueled by demonstrators and by the Republican governor's insistence on "returning to normal". Even before the virus, I didn't go out a lot. I am keeping doctor's appointments that must be done in person (just had steroid injections for my back), and I shop at the market with a mask. But

Gov. DiSantis is withholding numbers updates on cases and is still insisting on going back to normal. At the market yesterday, I did notice more shoppers without masks. Stupid stupid stupid. I kept my distance.
Comment on Good But Sad News, I Think - June 17, 2020 7:47 PM ()
My favorites are Love it or List it and the Chip and Joanna Gaines show. Haven't seen them for a while. I like to see the end result. Currently watching every single re-run of the Law & Order Franchise and its spin-off Special Victims. I never get tired of it. Other than thatit's MSNBC non-stop.
Comment on Displacement - June 3, 2020 11:15 AM ()
a right wing group pretending to be Antifa (anti fascist leftist group) posted violent messages on Twitter before the posts were taken down. Don't be too quick to blame "militant" protesters. Aside from thug opportunists taking advantage of the crowds to rob and loot, I think right wing money persuaded some thugs to burn buildings and loot stores. It certainly fits in with what I know about right wing tactics.
Comment on My Country in Turmoil - June 2, 2020 8:51 AM ()
The Matlacha Hookers (it started with a small group of women who hooked doilies -- it's a needle skill, who knew) that has grown into a substantial philanthropic club, got volunteers to clean up Pine Island Road. We went out one morning with bags and gloves and gathered trash for several hours. Most of it from tourists. The locals don't do this. The local paper covered it. I got my picture in the paper. It was an awful photo. I told people someone used my name.
Comment on Trash - May 15, 2020 7:00 AM ()
Your sister is a control freak, and seems to be focusing on you. A suggestion for the next time ...Look her in the eye and say, "Sorry, dear, but you don't get to tell me what color my drapes should be (or whatever she is harassing you about). Has she always been this way with you?
Comment on Cheap Champagne - May 13, 2020 9:55 PM ()
You are so beset. I sympathize totally. We just have health insurance. It's lovely to have family that would benefit from our having life insurance, but we don't. Hang in there. Eventually we'll come out of this. Stay safe.
Comment on Living Life in the Time of the Virus - May 10, 2020 9:17 AM ()
Miss I don't make it, I buy it, reads this post with wild surmise. I have spent a lifetime trying to make a home without actually spending a lot of time on it. Cooking and cleaning I will do, suffering in silence and being brave. Friends sent Ed and me masks.Beautiful. Otherwise, just an oblong scarf over lower face.
Comment on Sewing, and Nerd News. - May 1, 2020 1:17 PM ()
Sorry you have to jump through hoops to get your laundry done safely. When I was a kid, our lower hallway was always full of drunks sleeping it off. I didn't begrudge them. Somehow, even as a kid, I had empathy. Once I was grabbing ice chunks (a rare treat) off the back of an ice truck (before refrigeration was common), and a drunk on the street thought I was hungry and offered me part of his sandwich.
Comment on Liar Tweets, and Laundry - Apr 30, 2020 3:49 PM ()

Page 1 of 419   Next >>   [6,285 comments found]