Teal

1 hour ago
6 days ago
8 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

Re. your ailing friend, if her daughter is generally abusive, you can report the situation to Department of Children and Families, who oversee abuses. Or check in your area for an elder abuse hot line. Yes, the lack of social contact is draining, but Ed and I managed to have dinner out last night as it was our wedding anniversary and my birthday. We took Sol with us -- it went well. xx, T
Comment on Life as a Barren Desert - Sept 27, 2020 5:50 AM ()
Know exactly what you're going through. We gutted and remodeled our kitchen 5 years ago. The living room was full of boxes for two months. But it will look great at the end. You must post photo of finished kitchen, yes?
Comment on Kitchen Renovations - Sept 15, 2020 10:22 AM ()
I once saw a friend's cat (visiting) who looked into a tall mirror and slowly turned around with a quick twist at the end to catch the intruder. I don't know if the kitty knew he was looking at himself.
Comment on Miscellany - Sept 14, 2020 5:53 PM ()
lovely post. In our are (SW Florida) people are wearing masks. I even see joggers wearing masks. THey're ignoring the president and our Republican governor. Your sci fi retrospective was interesting. I don't know if you are aware (I have written about it) that in the 50s and sixties, I knew, through my first husband, all the sci fi greats of the era. Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, Theodore Sturgeon (my husband's roomie before I married him), William Tenn (Phil Klass's pen name. And I never met him, but L. Ron Hubbard was friends with my husband. The list is longer but these are the names at the top. Clarke always called when he was in New York and we'd have dinner.
Comment on Saturday Stuff - Sept 13, 2020 7:04 AM ()
Ed criticizes my cooking too -- thinks the chicken "is raw", eats a certain meal for years and suddenly wants to know why. I say, "yeah, I understood, good help is hard to get."
Comment on The to Do List - Sept 10, 2020 5:08 PM ()
I access my ju ju on your behalf. Good news that the new med is helping Ted. I have recently experienced some depression, an anomaly in my life. I am using a personal system of talking to my unconscious mind and it is helping. Yeah, I'm odd.
Comment on The to Do List - Sept 8, 2020 6:02 AM ()
I'm, so far, the energizer bunny who drums on while my dear ones go. And Ed is younger than me but has issues that could do him in. And today he left without his cell phone and that drives me up the wall.
Comment on Reflections on Life - Aug 31, 2020 9:57 AM ()
I am sickened by his presidency and I foresaw it on election night. I was well aware of his incompetence and corruption when I lived in New York. We must prevail in the election.
Comment on No Need to Read. Just Politics/news Stuff - Aug 29, 2020 5:50 AM ()
Your patience is much appreciated. What a little martinet her daughter is. The nice thing about Florida store people is how helpful and nice they are. In New York City, not so much. It doesn't make up for brain dead political choices, but it' boggles my northern mind when one drops everything to be sure I'm getting what I need.
Comment on Down to the Wire - Aug 24, 2020 12:29 PM ()
Edge perception is my problem too. I've finally gotten better at judging. I drive a 2009 Hyundai. Ed has a 2017 Toyota Highlander I am not allowed to drive. That's okay. I pronounce you man and car. Anyway, the electronics on new cars are daunting.
Comment on Cars Cars Cars - Aug 20, 2020 1:38 PM ()
I love the dog.
Comment on Seeing If This Works - Aug 8, 2020 5:28 PM ()
I had to cut Ed's hair -- trust me shaggy in the older population is a no. I cut my own hair. When Ed was in rehab, a lovely woman came in and cut the hair of the residents.She did a great job. I got her number, thinking I would try her since she also works out of her home. That's all on hold now.
and then this virus thing hit.
Comment on Obituaries and More - July 27, 2020 7:01 AM ()
When you have a neighbor with such poor impulse control, it is best not to tempt her into aberrant behavior. You could, however, keep a record of her harassment as a backstop should you ever need a legal defense.
Comment on The Continuing Saga of the Cat Hater - July 25, 2020 1:32 PM ()
At least you had a quick result. Some being tested are waiting for days. My best to you both.
Comment on Outrunning Corona - July 25, 2020 1:00 PM ()
I mostly order from Amazon and I do check reviews, but I have also read that positive reviews can be untrustworthy. I use my New York Times Credit Union Visa for all internet orders -- that way I have only one card to deal with if there is a problem. They are super about looking into a dispute and have always, so far, ruled in my favor. Love these people.
Comment on Not on Amazon? it Doesn't Exist! - July 25, 2020 12:30 PM ()

Page 1 of 421   Next >>   [6,303 comments found]