Teal

2 days ago
3 days ago
25 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

Jeri, we are a tourist destination . One good thing, the snowbirds and winter season visitors that overwhelm us have gone home early, so the roads are clearing up. Maybe we can take a drive onto Pine Island and look at the scenery and just not get out of the car. Whooppee.
Comment on Trials and Tribulations - Apr 6, 2020 8:52 AM ()
Sorry you have pain. I too live with back problem and take anti spasmodic, twice a day.If you are enjoying life, then it is not time to go. Let's hang in there.
Comment on Trials and Tribulations - Apr 5, 2020 9:26 AM ()
And his name is?
Comment on Handwashing Good, No Handwash Bad - Mar 31, 2020 4:43 PM ()
Always eager to share memories that elude those not old enough to have been there. Yes, FDR was phenomenal and I cried for weeks when he died. Wish I could travel and meet my blog friends, but it doesn't seem possible and particularly not now. Who knows where this will all go. Happiest of birthdays dear Jeri. Enjoy family time. Love, T
Comment on Ninety One! How Did I Ever Get This Old? - Mar 29, 2020 11:22 AM ()
domain dummy here. I have skills, just not techie ones anymore although, when I was at The Times, I was pretty good. The technology has far outdistanced me. I started a blog of my own but didn't know how to use it, so it lies fallow. I don't know what I was thinking.
Comment on About Domains, Because Nowhere Else to Post It - Mar 28, 2020 2:46 PM ()
I used to prune some and clean up fallen leaves in our stone covered area. I needed a full sized ladder to trim the bougainvilla (sp?) bush. I also planted some flowers in a nice pattern and it really looked great. Then we had three hurricanes in a row and I said, "screw that". Following these efforts, I'd often had to go to bed. Ed used to mow the lawn (it is huge, front and back) and he always chose to do it at noon in July and scream for water or orange juice and I'd have to come running with a drink, wondering if I'd find him collapsed. We have a landscape guy now. He does lawn plus bushes, bless him. And he edges nicely. Ed didn't know how to do that.
Comment on The Rare Sunshine - Mar 26, 2020 1:22 PM ()
Ed and I went together to day to our discount club, BJ's and they still had meat but were sold out of all paper goods -- paper towels,toilet tissue and face tissue. I have lots of toilet paper from a previous trip, but am running out of paper towels. They had butter too, so I got a big package because that's the only way they sell it. Ed got into a close up conversation with his check out person (we were in separate lines) and nice as she seemed to be, you never know who she knows, so I wish he would be more careful. We wiped everything in the car with a clorox wipe (that I'm running out of) and wore plastic gloves, the whole nine yards. And I had a long talk with our nurse friend, Sol. We're sorry not to be getting together this weekend, but we both agree we have to be careful. She is on the fence on whether to move in with her boyfriend, and I said if you decide to do it, by no means mingle your bank accounts. I hope she heard me. She has spent her life playing catch-up and now that she's finally independent, she had better be really certain of her next step before she gives it all up again. When she got her nursng license, got a job, and was finally living alone in her own apartment, she was giddy with success.
Comment on The Spring of My Discontent - Mar 21, 2020 11:58 AM ()
In New York, I used a laundromat up the street and they had an attendant and a helper who would do your laundry for you for a fee. So I let them do it. I was working and going to the hospital where Jay was, and trying to handle a lot of things. Well, the young helper tole my new jeans and when I pursued the matter over a period of a couple of months and wouldn't give up, I got them back.
Comment on Ordinary Matters - Mar 21, 2020 11:48 AM ()
I'm reminded of the saying, "Those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."
Comment on Germies and Cooties - Mar 19, 2020 11:43 AM ()
I'm self isolating with political sites on the internet and playing the piano and cleaning the kitchen as Ed is home now and eating every half hour or so. He just left to buy sandwiches at the express window at Arby's. Hey, that's safe, yes?
Comment on The Spring of My Discontent - Mar 19, 2020 10:28 AM ()
This is a scary time. I hope your issue resolves itself soon.
Comment on Cough Drops and Thermometers Now Harder to Find - Mar 15, 2020 9:09 PM ()
I haven't been to the store in three days, so I don't know what I'll find when I get there. And Ed is telling me to go with gloves on. The thought of being deprived has stimulated his appetite -- at the end of the day the dishwasher is full. Yes, I have to shop. As for toilet paper we got a ton of it at the discount store, BJ's recently so I am not worried about that. However, I we are low on Clorox wipes, and those are apparently also going fast. One time we over-stocked on toilet paper and Ed suggested we give each guest a roll when they left.
Comment on I Don't Suffer Fools Gladly - Mar 15, 2020 8:36 PM ()
Wow, that's your bro? Talk about opposites.
Comment on My Brother's Hilarious Corona Update - Mar 14, 2020 4:01 PM ()
Your family sounds so special. I envy you. Except for three first cousins in Illinois (one on my dad's side is from Greece and we have just had one conversation, halting) I am without family. I miss my sis and my nephew.
Comment on Excerpt from a Boring Life - Mar 11, 2020 6:26 PM ()
We bought a generator after the 3rd or 4th hurricane, but haven't checked on it since and it has been several years. Probably doesn't function. Anyway, we evacuated during Irma and didn't have any damage and when we got back, the power was still on. Ed says just having the generator means you'll never have to use it. I know that if he weren't here, I'd never know what to do.
Comment on Supplies for Crises - Mar 11, 2020 4:20 PM ()

Page 1 of 418   Next >>   [6,265 comments found]