Teal

20 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

I am totally empathetic with what your SIL is going through and the pain you are all feeling. Nothing is worse than watching someone you love lose himself. You know I've been there. xx, T
Comment on Shut Down - Feb 7, 2020 10:48 PM ()
Well, you had me wondering what it was on Blogster that you couldn't remember and then you remembered and then you didn't say what it was. I mean if you loved it, shouldn't we know what it was? No fair.
Comment on I Remembered! - Jan 20, 2020 8:29 PM ()
so, no photo of you with black eyes ... We are cluttered with guardian paperwork and Ed doesn't file. Also, he keeps clothes, some brand new designer shirts in their plastic wrappings sit in the spare bedroom dresser and he can't wear them because they no longer fit. For all I know, they are out of style now. Our closets are over filled. He keeps buying more clothes. It's role reversal. I do need underwear though.
Comment on Gratitude - Jan 8, 2020 1:23 PM ()
Thinking of you at this sad time.
Comment on Underlying Sadness - Dec 27, 2019 4:31 PM ()
How about when nothing works and you still feel awful? Yup, where's the coffee.
Comment on When Three Cups of Coffee is Not Enough. - Dec 20, 2019 10:14 AM ()
One of my ballet classes in New York was held in the City Center building on 56th St. Leaving class one afternoon, I ran into the children. I just remember them all dressed up for the dress rehearsal, being herded down a hallway and the ballet mistress calling out "snow flakes, stay here, toy soldiers on the stairs, no, no, mice, wait for the elevator." And the little ones, silent but with big eyes, so thrilled to be dressed up and going on stage.
Comment on Nutcracker - Dec 10, 2019 12:19 PM ()
I looked up Anita Bryant too. Apparently she is still around. The religious devout use their faith to deny rights to people not like them. So, did the governor serve liquor? Years ago Ed and I went to a neighbor's house for a big party. He'd married a girl from the nether classes and she invited everyone from her church to show off her big house on the water. The minister was there with his wife, a former New York model She told me he had convinced her that "his dream for me was better than my dream for me." Ouch. Anyway, there we were, surrounded by the faithful.
In the buffet line, Ed heard them talking about how important it was to control your impulses, and he remarked, "too bad... I came down here for the unlimited sex." Silence.
Comment on Thanksgiving - Dec 10, 2019 11:52 AM ()
Yes, I remember Anita Bryant. Apparently higher ups in Oklahoma still have a soft spot for her. I was delighted when she lost her endorsements. I love to wear white -- usually tailored pants and an interesting top. I'd go with white. (And heavy gold earrings._ Even though we went to friends for Thanksgiving, Ed insisted I cook a T dinner on the weekend following and I did. Despite no guests, it was still a major undertaking. I don't want to do that any more. How to reach him? there will be a lot of "you don't love me" and sulking moments. But I have been undergoing major fatigue. I'm seeing my endocrinologist and am asking him to check thyroid levels.
Comment on Thanksgiving - Dec 6, 2019 1:53 PM ()
You are blessed with a large and loving family. Have your thyroid checked. Sometimes that is the cause of fatigue.
Comment on Unusual Results - Nov 20, 2019 6:15 AM ()
I didn't know it got that cold in Oklahoma. One reason we left New York was to avoid temps like that. It was 60 this morning, a cold wave! I don't mind for myself when we have cold snaps, but the wildlife dies and that is awful.
Comment on Gray and Dismal - Nov 13, 2019 6:51 AM ()
have to add, our house is just yards from big water--a back bay of Charlotte Harbor on Florida's west coast. So we can fish if we want to, but we don't. Again, my idea of having fish is to ask the fish guy at the market to filet that please.
Comment on Cooking and Planting a Bit - Nov 13, 2019 6:16 AM ()
Too lazy to save money on glasses, go to ophthalmologist, get prescription, choose frames, they prepare, go back, get glasses, money money money. Ed complains. Just lost two pairs. Can't find anywhere. Color me hopeless. P.S. Absolutely must wear glasses when driving because I have double vision and see two roads and don't know which one is the right one.
Comment on Chinezium Iware - Nov 7, 2019 1:49 PM ()
too non techie to turn anything on from somewhere else. Enjoy your adventures into food land. My idea of fun eating is to tell the waiter what I want.
Comment on Cooking and Planting a Bit - Nov 7, 2019 10:18 AM ()
Perhaps the car was his reward to himself because he needed something to be cheerful about. Although we are at an age when we should be downsizing, Ed has rewarded himself with a couple of pricey acquisitions. One is Ming dynasty war horses -- yes they are exquisite. The other is an antique table not yet received, and I have to move things around to make room for it. Why deny him? (I may post photos once I remember how.)
Comment on Sometimes You Get Surprised. - Oct 23, 2019 8:17 AM ()
Yep, works for me. But what about the women? What can we pee on? There ain't no justice.
Comment on Wall Relief - Oct 15, 2019 9:29 AM ()

Page 1 of 417   Next >>   [6,249 comments found]