Teal

16 days ago
18 days ago
> 30 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

Yes, I remember Anita Bryant. Apparently higher ups in Oklahoma still have a soft spot for her. I was delighted when she lost her endorsements. I love to wear white -- usually tailored pants and an interesting top. I'd go with white. (And heavy gold earrings._ Even though we went to friends for Thanksgiving, Ed insisted I cook a T dinner on the weekend following and I did. Despite no guests, it was still a major undertaking. I don't want to do that any more. How to reach him? there will be a lot of "you don't love me" and sulking moments. But I have been undergoing major fatigue. I'm seeing my endocrinologist and am asking him to check thyroid levels.
Comment on Thanksgiving - Dec 6, 2019 1:53 PM ()
You are blessed with a large and loving family. Have your thyroid checked. Sometimes that is the cause of fatigue.
Comment on Unusual Results - Nov 20, 2019 6:15 AM ()
I didn't know it got that cold in Oklahoma. One reason we left New York was to avoid temps like that. It was 60 this morning, a cold wave! I don't mind for myself when we have cold snaps, but the wildlife dies and that is awful.
Comment on Gray and Dismal - Nov 13, 2019 6:51 AM ()
have to add, our house is just yards from big water--a back bay of Charlotte Harbor on Florida's west coast. So we can fish if we want to, but we don't. Again, my idea of having fish is to ask the fish guy at the market to filet that please.
Comment on Cooking and Planting a Bit - Nov 13, 2019 6:16 AM ()
Too lazy to save money on glasses, go to ophthalmologist, get prescription, choose frames, they prepare, go back, get glasses, money money money. Ed complains. Just lost two pairs. Can't find anywhere. Color me hopeless. P.S. Absolutely must wear glasses when driving because I have double vision and see two roads and don't know which one is the right one.
Comment on Chinezium Iware - Nov 7, 2019 1:49 PM ()
too non techie to turn anything on from somewhere else. Enjoy your adventures into food land. My idea of fun eating is to tell the waiter what I want.
Comment on Cooking and Planting a Bit - Nov 7, 2019 10:18 AM ()
Perhaps the car was his reward to himself because he needed something to be cheerful about. Although we are at an age when we should be downsizing, Ed has rewarded himself with a couple of pricey acquisitions. One is Ming dynasty war horses -- yes they are exquisite. The other is an antique table not yet received, and I have to move things around to make room for it. Why deny him? (I may post photos once I remember how.)
Comment on Sometimes You Get Surprised. - Oct 23, 2019 8:17 AM ()
Yep, works for me. But what about the women? What can we pee on? There ain't no justice.
Comment on Wall Relief - Oct 15, 2019 9:29 AM ()
We have a riding mower that Ed used maybe 4 times. Now we have a landscaper who is taking care of the grounds. The mower sits in the garage taking up a lot of space and needs a repair because it isn't working. Ed once said he wanted to get a composter. I freaked out. No way, no way, said I. It will attract bugs and vermin and you won't take care of it. He got the message.
Comment on Happenings - Oct 10, 2019 10:05 PM ()
I have to add that the last thing any of us need is a Republican governor with "religious" values.
Comment on Happenings - Oct 5, 2019 7:25 AM ()
I too am dealing with older life issues. I am not at mortal risk but there is a lot of pain involved. So sorry you are having to cut back financially. That is a big deal and it takes all the fun out of things. Why don't you post the bean soup recipe. I'm trying to add to my menu.
Comment on Happenings - Oct 5, 2019 7:24 AM ()
I was married to Jay for 37 years and have been married to Ed for 23. How the time flies. When Ed and I were first together, he said he would never marry again, if he did it wouldn't be to me, and he would never live in Florida. I said, "fine".
Comment on Sometimes - Sept 29, 2019 8:52 AM ()
this is all too technical for me. we use satellite bundled with internet and phone service. Our TV provider is DirectTV. When it rains, we lose the signal. Ed handles the details. We are paying a high price. Ed complains a lot. I only watch cable shows these days.
Comment on Spectrum - Sept 29, 2019 8:45 AM ()
I like open concept. Last night, Ed and I watched a bio pic of the Spencer family (Princess Diana's family). They live in a centuries old estate called Althorp -- something like 400 rooms and I wondered what it might be like to live there and walk around with a map so you wouldn't get lost and could find your way to one of the many, many bathrooms. Diana's brother Charles manages it. He has an appealing presence. I can't imagine getting sick from garden fresh tomatoes. I love them. So, Ted is your 4th? You have stamina!
Comment on Sometimes - Sept 29, 2019 8:24 AM ()
my post got garbled somehow --too bad we can't edit them. Anyway, I wanted to say I would totally understand grabbing for really terrific chocolates. I'm sorry Ted was too mesmerized with the candy to take photos.
Comment on What's New and What's Not. - Sept 28, 2019 8:54 AM ()

Page 1 of 417   Next >>   [6,242 comments found]