Teal

18 days ago
25 days ago
> 30 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

We get two to three calls a day. If we answer, the line is silent and then goes dead. I am told not to answer, but it is difficult to see who is calling and Ed's guardian work means he gets lots of calls that aren't familiar. I learned that just by answering, the caller is gaining information. And even though I have shot him down many times, I keep getting calls from someone claiming to be from my phone provider, telling me I have "trouble" on the system and he'll "help" me through correcting it. And I keep getting calls from India, claiming to be "John Drew" or "Bob Armstrong" -- Ed says, No, Gupta, that isn't your name, and swears at him. Once, the caller was so annoyed, he called back and swore at Ed.
Comment on Target - June 16, 2019 5:13 PM ()
I just got an e mail extolling the virtues of celtic sea salt in destroying cancer sells. It's a video and I won't inflict that on you, because promotional videos are always lengthy and full of self serving proclamations. Instead, you can Google celtic sea salt and cancer and click on those for more information. Wish I could be there to share your mood and perhaps lift it up. xx, T
Comment on Deserted - June 16, 2019 1:41 PM ()
I rarely worried about the weather in NYC and heavy snow storms that forced the mayor to ban all traffic were just fun. Imagine standing in the middle of a major avenue with no cars coming at you. Down here in Florida, weather worry is a constant. Sylvan paradise, intellectual hellhole and, apparently, about to be wiped out by weather.
Comment on Sustained Tornado Season - June 16, 2019 9:44 AM ()
I'd be spooked too. I even had a pair of pants that I put in the trash because when I wore them something bad happened.
Comment on The Bad Luck House Continued ... - June 15, 2019 12:06 PM ()
Mostly we get big birds egrets, ospreys, a tame egret looking for a handout once walked into our garage. But once a palm rat nested in our attic, found its way into our kitchen cabinet and ate through our dishwasher hose (several times). That was an expensive time. I'd wake up to a flooded kitchen.
Comment on Critters - June 15, 2019 5:37 AM ()
are you blending these ingredients and making a thick drink?
Comment on Salads - June 8, 2019 10:05 AM ()
We have been very remiss with protecting papers. Thanks for reminding me and I will probably forget again. Our hurricane season hasn't started yet. We came through okay with Irma, going to friends, and coming back to a house with no damage. We took our cats with us. We go, they go. No way we leave them behind or at a shelter. They came from shelters. Too traumatic. But now, of course, just Max. We will adopt another but it's taking time.
Comment on Tornado Prep - May 27, 2019 5:15 PM ()
What lovely memories. I have three first cousins remaining. One I have never met because she only came from Greece a couple of years ago and is the daughter of my father's sister. She is living in Illinois and that is close to my mother's sister, Emily's children. I am close to Tom and Connie and Connie and I have long phone conversations. But Connie is ill and has refused chemo. Since doing that, she feels a lot better but I can't help but think she has made that awful decision to just go when it's time and not fight it. I don't remember many relatives from childhood. I was not interested in knowing them. Most weren't, actually, that nice. So I envy you what seems like a fairy tale childhood.
Comment on The Aunts - May 27, 2019 5:02 PM ()
interesting ... if I had to describe my former working life badly, I might say I torture words.
Comment on List of Badly Described Vocations - May 12, 2019 7:43 PM ()
We lost Ziggy, our orange kitty, a week ago, a heart condition, and I am not adjusting well. I keep seeing him wherever I look. We have Max, our black manx cat, and I lean on him a lot. The pain of losing an animal companion is devastating. I am sorry you have to go through this.
Comment on People Are Not Dogs - May 12, 2019 7:27 PM ()
I use a Keurig and buy French roast, Italian roast, and Gevalia Dark Royal roast. I'm satisfied. I've been around the block on coffee, also using a glass carafe with a filter years ago. That's a drip method. But the best coffee I've ever had has been on Pine Island, FL at Red's, a restaurant now closed. They used a special system and when we inquired about it, we learned the machine cost thousands. The Plaza in New York City also had great coffee in its restaurants.
Comment on The Coffee Cup, and Other Things - May 11, 2019 7:17 PM ()
my mom used to make soap ... it was a Greek thing. Anyway, it sounds like a lovely afternoon and try to keep away from overwhelming thoughts.
Comment on The Brain - May 9, 2019 1:53 PM ()
Dear Jeri, you are my role model. I can't garden anymore, not that I ever did, but I did used to trim the bushes. So sorry about your b.i.l. Nothing is worse than watching a loved one suffer.
Comment on Will I Ever Learn? - May 9, 2019 12:15 PM ()
I live in SW Florida where flip flops are a fashion statement. My dear sis once said "Oh, you'll change and dress like everyone down here." I said, that ain't gonna happen and it hasn't. I wear eye make-up to go to the super market. It's a New York thing. I wear tights because I can, and get compliments from other women. If it's a fancy dinner, I like to wear white sharkskin pants with a colorful top and my foxy grey sharkskin boots with a heel that makes people think I'm taller. I don't wear dresses any more.
I have long evening style dresses and nowhere to go in them.
Comment on Fashion Dilemma - Apr 25, 2019 12:21 PM ()
I wonder why some deny major catastrophes. They seem to conflate acknowledging them as, somehow, a left wing conspiracy.
Comment on Work Goofy Stuff - Apr 25, 2019 12:13 PM ()

Page 1 of 414   Next >>   [6,203 comments found]