Teal

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

Yep, works for me. But what about the women? What can we pee on? There ain't no justice.
Comment on Wall Relief - Oct 15, 2019 9:29 AM ()
We have a riding mower that Ed used maybe 4 times. Now we have a landscaper who is taking care of the grounds. The mower sits in the garage taking up a lot of space and needs a repair because it isn't working. Ed once said he wanted to get a composter. I freaked out. No way, no way, said I. It will attract bugs and vermin and you won't take care of it. He got the message.
Comment on Happenings - Oct 10, 2019 10:05 PM ()
I have to add that the last thing any of us need is a Republican governor with "religious" values.
Comment on Happenings - Oct 5, 2019 7:25 AM ()
I too am dealing with older life issues. I am not at mortal risk but there is a lot of pain involved. So sorry you are having to cut back financially. That is a big deal and it takes all the fun out of things. Why don't you post the bean soup recipe. I'm trying to add to my menu.
Comment on Happenings - Oct 5, 2019 7:24 AM ()
I was married to Jay for 37 years and have been married to Ed for 23. How the time flies. When Ed and I were first together, he said he would never marry again, if he did it wouldn't be to me, and he would never live in Florida. I said, "fine".
Comment on Sometimes - Sept 29, 2019 8:52 AM ()
this is all too technical for me. we use satellite bundled with internet and phone service. Our TV provider is DirectTV. When it rains, we lose the signal. Ed handles the details. We are paying a high price. Ed complains a lot. I only watch cable shows these days.
Comment on Spectrum - Sept 29, 2019 8:45 AM ()
I like open concept. Last night, Ed and I watched a bio pic of the Spencer family (Princess Diana's family). They live in a centuries old estate called Althorp -- something like 400 rooms and I wondered what it might be like to live there and walk around with a map so you wouldn't get lost and could find your way to one of the many, many bathrooms. Diana's brother Charles manages it. He has an appealing presence. I can't imagine getting sick from garden fresh tomatoes. I love them. So, Ted is your 4th? You have stamina!
Comment on Sometimes - Sept 29, 2019 8:24 AM ()
my post got garbled somehow --too bad we can't edit them. Anyway, I wanted to say I would totally understand grabbing for really terrific chocolates. I'm sorry Ted was too mesmerized with the candy to take photos.
Comment on What's New and What's Not. - Sept 28, 2019 8:54 AM ()
I don't understand about the candy -- bubble gum and such. Now if they were throwing Godiva chocolates, that would missed taking photos. Ed hired a highly recommended lawn and bush guy and he is expensive, but worth it. Also, I have a ficus tree in an urn that is really heavy and he is going to move it for me to a new location.I'm not telling Ed. It hits me in the face every time I leave the house.
Comment on What's New and What's Not. - Sept 28, 2019 8:52 AM ()
Returning to a structured learning situation is always a challenge. Happy you have the determination and energy to do it all.
Comment on School Daze - Sept 8, 2019 8:35 AM ()
A sudden change in vision is a sign that something is wrong. Please see your eye doctor to be sure nothing serious is going on. I see my eye doctor twice a year and he checks me for glaucoma and macular degeneration. So far, so good.
Comment on Blurry - Sept 8, 2019 8:28 AM ()
And here I am worrying about the bear and is he all right. I won't be harboring any bats behind my door.
Comment on Early Fall - Aug 30, 2019 2:34 PM ()
We have tons of stuff sitting in our garage that Ed won't get rid of. And in the dresser in our spare bedroom, Ed has stored new shirts, still in their wrappers, that now are a little tight for him around the neck. Designer shirts. Big bucks. He'll never get rid of them.He loves dressing up and when we first came down here, we'd go to the bank and the cry would go up, "Suit, suit at 3 o'clock!" Down here shorts and flip flops are a fashion statement.
Comment on Came and Went - Aug 29, 2019 10:03 PM ()
The one thing I haven't seen on this island is skunks. I am grateful. We did have a palm rat hang out in our attic. Big $$ to repair dishwasher several times because he'd find his way into the kitchen and chew through the lines to get water. Was washing dishes in the spare bathroom for weeks.
Comment on Skunky - Aug 26, 2019 8:31 PM ()
Love your dogs ... great photo.
Comment on 4c Camp for Adults and Other Updates - Aug 22, 2019 10:31 AM ()

Page 1 of 416   Next >>   [6,235 comments found]