Teal

21 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

Sorry to hear about your eye. But you seem to be beating the odds. You're right 10 mph is way too slow.
Comment on Out and About - Feb 2, 2021 8:43 AM ()
Good to be with a loving family (despite the remarks). We're struggling in the U.S. but Biden, I am sure, will fix it.
Comment on Been Awhile - Feb 1, 2021 6:27 AM ()
I watched several hours, loved every minute. The pomp and ceremony was impressive. I don't often watch these events. Since I was watching it live, I did worry that a deranged Trumpy might have evaded security and would try something. Later I watched the first press conference with Biden's new press secretary. She was fantastic. That's what a press briefing should look like. Made all of Trump's choices look truly pathetic.
Comment on Emotions over the Last Few Days - Jan 20, 2021 7:05 PM ()
So sorry you are struggling with pain and overwhelmed with "musts". You must focus on a positive attitude because it will help and, anyway, if you want out of the misery, it's the only game in town. Before I was limited to grocery shopping as my only social endeavor, I only went out for dinner when we had guests and they weren't all that common, either. I have my chores, and my piano to keep me busy. Socially I am not really in a new space. And, of course, I now live for the e mails I am exchanging with my daughter. We connect every day. It's awesome. I'm happy.
Comment on Have You Changed with the Times? - Jan 16, 2021 4:17 PM ()
Since you are the only one he minds, go out in a wheelchair with a friend and the troublesome Jose. If you're there, he'll be okay.
Comment on My Sweet Jose is Dishing Out Punishment - Dec 19, 2020 11:19 AM ()
How devastating. I will write to Mike.
Comment on Health Alert on Fredo - Dec 8, 2020 7:58 AM ()
I too miss the connections we used to have. For me, the blog is a kind of diary and I like to put down my experiences. I don't put my personal thoughts on Facebook because it is too public.
Comment on Where Have All the Bloggers Gone? - Nov 27, 2020 6:54 AM ()
I'm reading this late. In Florida, early voting means you go, in person, to a different polling place that you are informed about, and cast your vote. We have early voted in the last three elections. This time we got mail ballots and avoided the post office and took them to a Supervisor of Elections drop box a full three weeks before the election. And isn't the result glorious? Yeah, brain dead Florida went red, but the rest of the country did not.
Comment on Ballot? - Nov 24, 2020 9:37 PM ()
We were invited to a Thanksgiving dinner. We aren't going. We are cooking for us and our forever houseguest, Sol, and that's it. My advice, don't go on your own to the dinner. I am drinking a glass of tart cherry juice every day after breakfast, and it is helping my back. I strongly recommend it. Get it on Amazon, or at your local supermarket. And if you aren't sure, Google its benefits. HopingAshley gets better soon.
Comment on "May You Live in Interesting Times". - Nov 21, 2020 5:50 AM ()
really great photos.
Comment on Adelaide South Australia - Nov 13, 2020 5:56 AM ()
I know all about the "nothing makes him happy" syndrome. They do have their good side though. We now have Direct TV. We had Dish. Ed wasn't happy. Now he wants to go back to Dish. I just go with the flow.
Comment on Life Goes On - Nov 13, 2020 5:53 AM ()
I post about every 7 to 10 days and it's always a lengthy and informative essay about what I'm up to. Jeri (Elderjane) also does the same. We are the ones keeping up the tradition. Join us.
Comment on Bloomin Heck - Nov 12, 2020 5:26 PM ()
I think you can take heart. Military air cover for Biden is in place and Secret Service agents are already assigned to him. This is a sure sign that he will prevail. He is leading in the remaining states and only Alaska is staying red. Biden will get Michigan, Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania. He only needs Pennsylvania. Trump needs all of them. He won't get them.
Comment on Power Outage - Nov 6, 2020 8:21 AM ()
I've been dealing with debilitating physical issues but buying into a new treatment seems to be helping I am drinking a glass of tart cherry juice every morning. I am beginning to see results. Other than being a drag ass, I am grinding my teeth over the election. Ridding ourselves of the Orange Porker is key to my well being.
Comment on Roller Coaster - Nov 3, 2020 9:42 AM ()
The pieces I like best are beyond me now. The Waldstein (Beethoven) I am not young enough to get it. It would take years and my hands are compromised and I go to bed with a turmeric compress every night to revive my thumbs. I studied the Brahms-Handel variations and got it to 60-70 percent and got distracted and did other things, so bringing it back would be major. Anyway these are not pieces that the average listener accesses easily. For entertainment at parties, if I am asked, I play Chopin -- the Harp Etude, the Revolutionary Etude, the Fantasie Impromptu, the Black Key Etude. I keep these up to date always -- they are good for my hands. Right now, I have realized I'm in a rut, so I am reviewing the Beethoven sonatas -the Pathetique, the Appassionata. the Tempest. the Moonlight (all movements) -- these I can succeed with but it will take a year of daily attention. And of course, there is the Liszt Harp etude -- I had it to 75% when I stopped working on it. Life just took over. Add another year for the Liszt.
Comment on My Musical Past and Such - Nov 2, 2020 11:55 AM ()

Page 1 of 422   Next >>   [6,323 comments found]