Teal

5 days ago
8 days ago
17 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

It is truly dismaying that reading is becoming a lost art. Another one is writing and reading cursive handwriting. The kids text and condense words, so spelling is going away too. I answer questions on a political opinion site. One of them was, "did President Kennedy start Watergate." I wrote (sic) "Neat trick, since he died before it happened." I wonder how old that questioner was.
Comment on Guilt and the Cat in the Hat - Aug 17, 2019 5:29 AM ()
Well, our wills are in order, but the house is a mess. We don't have close relatives, so the professionals will have to deal with everything. I can't say this discussion has cheered me up. Call me "Miss let's not worry about things now".
Comment on Just Doing It - Aug 8, 2019 12:39 PM ()
Your first paragraph was pure Sanskrit but I do get that some sites are devoted to racism and violence.
Comment on Registrars & Mass Murder - Aug 5, 2019 9:57 PM ()
What a beautiful location, and who says you have to ski to enjoy it? Have a lovely time and good luck with your tests.
Comment on Countdown to Vacay - July 26, 2019 12:44 PM ()
It's really annoying when people in charge try to save on essentials and go with non professionals for important jobs. They could have done a lot of damage.
Comment on The House Electric - July 26, 2019 11:01 AM ()
I have never likened humans to plants. I love plants. My mother had plants. I have killed plants, not by design. I used to garden in Florida I had some truly lovely bushes near our stone fence and then the hurricanes came. God doesn't want me to have plants. I envy people with plants. Have I gone on too long? Probably.
Comment on Thoroughly Bitten - July 24, 2019 3:34 PM ()
welcome back ... glad you found us. You're looking good.
Comment on G'day - July 19, 2019 9:02 AM ()
We're hearing that New Orleans has weather problems that are serious. I hope they can escape real damage.
Comment on Ultimate Boredom - July 18, 2019 1:02 PM ()
It's the rainy season in Florida, thunderstorms every day, we don't have to ask for the sounds. Hurricane season ends November 2. How can we enjoy summer when named storms crop up every week? I don't have Alexa but will get it. Then I will ask for classical music. When I ask Siri, she screws it up. Thinks Beethoven is Bait Oven. Siri, I says, you really are dumb. She does apologize.
Comment on Alexa, Play Heavy Thunderstorm - July 16, 2019 2:13 PM ()
You have to gently read Ted the riot act about saying no to everything. Tell him you'll go without him. Can you get a friend to join you? That might wake him up.
Comment on Ultimate Boredom - July 16, 2019 9:02 AM ()
Why not plan for a night in a high end hotel, one with entertainment. Would Ted say no?
Comment on Ultimate Boredom - July 13, 2019 11:13 AM ()
Assuming they succeed in finding a buyer, what does that mean for the tenants? Also, when a landlord makes improvements, it often means a raise in the rent.
Comment on Houses and Computers - July 6, 2019 5:08 PM ()
I feel your pain, have the same angst ... wonder if I will live to see Trump dead. My dream.
Comment on The Big One - July 4, 2019 8:30 AM ()
So this event is helping you reshape your life -- not at all a bad thing, apparently. You will end up in a new place, all organized (it says here), and living a life that is easy to manage.
Comment on Oh - July 3, 2019 2:01 PM ()
It seems we never solve this problem. People still fall into the cracks of society's "solutions". I shudder to think of the damage the Trump immigration policy is doing to the warehoused children. I am impressed that you were able to work in a helping capacity without going nuts.
Comment on Envy of Uk's National Health System - June 24, 2019 8:27 AM ()

Page 1 of 415   Next >>   [6,219 comments found]