John

20 days ago
25 days ago
> 30 days ago

Men Are From Mars....

Men Are From Mars.... > Jjoohhnn's Comments

Jjoohhnn's Comments

I'm listening to NPR right now and there is actually good news in some places: People discharged form the hospital; fewer deaths, etc. We had to cancel 4C Camp for Adults. No matter what happens with the virus, the feeling is that most older people won't want to congregate in August. The muscle spasms suck and I can't even recommend Kratom for that. Do yer best.
Comment on Trials and Tribulations - Apr 5, 2020 10:07 AM ()
Only thing I heard about your governor is that he was last to get onboard with "stay home". New Yawk has the most presidential governor around and he seems to be the only politician who has a clue. Delaware County had its first death (not me) and some people still don't get i. I'm just trying to stay alive until they come out with a vaccine. I have been shopping and I will give blood next week, but aside from that, I'm not going anywhere.
Comment on Covid-16 Rule--what Do You Think About the Rule? - Apr 3, 2020 10:24 AM ()
I'm usually a month ahead on groceries so this was no big deal although April shopping day is getting close. Stocking up for longer than my medication stash will last is kind of pointless. I won't starve or freeze or go without water but a med supply is beyond my control--and I don't appreciate anything that is beyond my control.
Comment on Domains and Panic Buying - Mar 28, 2020 3:38 PM ()
I have no knowledge of this business, but it was interesting to read. Ther's another world out there besides the dark web that I should explore.
Comment on About Domains, Because Nowhere Else to Post It - Mar 28, 2020 3:33 PM ()
You are my inspiration! I try to learn from you and the other greasy geezer. There seems to be a few characteristics that youz have in common. So I enjoy every day and move forward as if there is no limit to my time. Thanks, and have a great day!
Comment on Ninety One! How Did I Ever Get This Old? - Mar 27, 2020 8:23 AM ()
If the death rate wasn't so high in people like me I'd get sick and get over it. But I don't feel that lucky now.
Comment on The Rare Sunshine - Mar 26, 2020 4:20 PM ()
They don't have to tell me twice to stay the hell away from people. We went shopping yesterday for fill-in groceries and I kept my mind on the list. I fit the profile of the people who bit the dust in Wuhon.
Comment on Stay at Home Orders - Mar 26, 2020 11:54 AM ()
That's about as much as we got. Never did warm up tho so it's melting slowly. My buddy's bday is April 5 and he says snow isn't unusual, and he's right!
Comment on Not Spring Yet - Mar 25, 2020 11:28 AM ()
Nice to see that many were in their 80s and 90s. Gives me hope.
Comment on Those Who Have Passed - Mar 22, 2020 3:19 PM ()
I haven't had the pleasure of a laundry since I owned the motel at the turn of the century. Time consuming and boring even tho the place wasn't usually dirty. It became unbearable when this family came in smelling like cat piss. Never did understand why they bothered cleaning anything, clothes included. Thanks for the unpleasant memory!
Comment on Ordinary Matters - Mar 21, 2020 11:21 AM ()
"....the horrid shared drinking cup... " That is the most disgusting thing I've seen all day. No, all year so far.
Comment on Germies and Cooties - Mar 18, 2020 4:22 PM ()
I guess I don't go out much. We just went shopping and I took all precautions even tho there is only one reported case in the county (not in my town). I take the dogs out and spend a lot of time on youtube when I'm not working outside. I do the cooking and we have all sorts of delicious menues on the agenda. Broiled steak with asparagus wrapped in bacon tonight. Another corned beef for sandwiches. Stuffed cabbage. As for passing time, rather than a course I'd recommend youtube. Pick a subject that interests you and at the end of each video youtube will present a grid of 12 videos to choose from (or you can go back to your search page). I found things that I had never even thought of at interest me. If you're interested in how people live day to day in other countries you can find out.
Comment on The Spring of My Discontent - Mar 18, 2020 11:01 AM ()
My backyard is still full of leaves.

Stay inside!
Comment on I Don't Suffer Fools Gladly - Mar 15, 2020 1:30 PM ()
We only have one case in my county so far so I went to a planning committee meeting earlier. We spaced ourselves around the table and I believe I'm safe for now. I know when I have a fever and my nose is active year-round but I'll notice if I get a dry cough since I rarely cough for any reason.
Why can't you deliver the supplies you bought for your friend?
Comment on Cough Drops and Thermometers Now Harder to Find - Mar 15, 2020 1:27 PM ()
Geez, I've been cooking all my life and I even did a lot of it when I was with my ex. Guess it doesn't count too much now since if I left it to Donna I'd be eating oatmeal for dinner.
That business Ed does sounds about like an ombudsman that we have in NY but he does much more!
Comment on Cooking, Gah, and a New Client - Mar 15, 2020 1:22 PM ()

Page 1 of 288   Next >>   [4,310 comments found]