John

8 days ago
8 days ago
> 30 days ago

Men Are From Mars....

Men Are From Mars.... > Jjoohhnn's Comments

Jjoohhnn's Comments

I put off reading this post for a day because I was afraid "cold" would be some ridiculously high number. Well, at least I wasn't disappointed although I was expecting something in the 40s at least. I still walk the dogs in a T-shirt and it's in the 30s or less. There's something just not right with you thin-blooded people.
Comment on A Cold December Has Arrived! - Dec 2, 2020 7:46 AM ()
Looks like business as usual. It was here too!
Comment on Happy Thanksgiving to All - Nov 26, 2020 3:49 PM ()
Comment on Warmest Thanksgiving Wishes to All - Nov 26, 2020 2:07 PM ()
Last time I looked my Christmas cactus isn't close to doing anything. It looked like it wasn't all that alive so I gave it some water which runs right through. I'll have to take a look in the morning in better light.
Comment on It's Magic!!! - Nov 21, 2020 3:36 PM ()
We usually went to the Community dinner which won't be held this year. So I bought a turkey only because Donna prefers it to chicken. I'd eat anything or a standing rib so it makes no difference. I prefer the dark meat because it's juicier than the breast so it works out fine. And Donna likes leftover for soup and turkey salad. Have the best time you can. I still use Kratom for my knees and despite negativity from trumps government I haven't head any problems with it and neither does anyone else I now. Have the best time you can!
Comment on "May You Live in Interesting Times". - Nov 21, 2020 9:08 AM ()
My county in New York State is still doing Ok, but cases are picking up for the first time. We have 9 dead but that number hasn't been increasing by more than one at a time. People are getting out of the hospital alive more often now. We're still careful as hell and I won't really feel safe with a 95% effective vaccine. I want a reasonable chance at recovery. I survived pancreatitis 3 times and I'm not pushing my luck. Besides, I'm too claustrophobic to have breathing problems.
Comment on Ugly Virus - Nov 19, 2020 10:29 AM ()
Geez, I suspect that 36 is even too hot for Martin.

Give him something to google!
Comment on My City of Adelaide - Nov 14, 2020 10:09 AM ()
I tried to remember how my mother made it too but no luck. It was excellent, obviously, or I wouldn't try to copy it. It definitely had celery and it definitely had Thyme. I think it's the thyme that made the big difference. Same deal with the "stale" bread although she let it happen naturally. No mold tho. Usually Donna insists on a turkey even tho I have no use for the damn thing. I like dark meat, but I turkey leg is much tougher than a chicken leg. Now she says a breast will do. But I'll go with a 12 pounder if I can find one
Comment on Thanksgiving Dinner - Nov 14, 2020 10:06 AM ()
I think I recognize the first shot--the opera house that received attention for some reason that I've forgotten. The rest look better than what I see on youtube! Thanks for posting!
Comment on Adelaide South Australia - Nov 13, 2020 9:15 AM ()
I remember him from the Carson days and somewhere along the way he seemed to disappear (not in the magical sense). He later resurfaced on some other program where he was debunking astrology with college students. It was good to see his return but then he disappeared again until now. But looks like he had a long life. May he RIP.
Comment on The Amazing Randi - Nov 13, 2020 9:12 AM ()
An antenna here would do me no good. So we stream Spectrum and other apps on Roku. Actually, I should say Donna does. I wouldn't know how to find a program I wanted to watch if my life depended on it! I watch mostly youtube. Maybe someday I'll get around to watching the third season of Mrs. Masel. If a program doesn't have a set time when it's on, like nightly news, I don't manage to find time to watch it.
Comment on Life Goes On - Nov 13, 2020 9:06 AM ()
That sucks about the license. Never had one myself but I know it's more difficult to give it up!
Comment on Bloomin Heck - Nov 12, 2020 5:12 PM ()
True. So tell us some stories and post some pictures of Aussie neighborhoods. What I see on the Drain Addict channel on youtube is very interesting. We don't have drains like that around here. Some houses are built on high ground with very narrow alleys on both sides. Then the neighbors house if 5 meters lower right next door. Some people are real slobs too. I suppose we have that in areas in cities here but OMG, it is gross.
Comment on Bloomin Heck - Nov 12, 2020 7:24 AM ()
You probably have a For Sale in Fort Lauderdale page on facebook where you can sell it or give it away.
Comment on 'Bought' Myself a Gift! - Nov 11, 2020 4:42 PM ()
Joan thought you might evacuate but I knew your stand your ground!
Comment on Storm? What Storm?? - Nov 9, 2020 4:06 PM ()

Page 1 of 294   Next >>   [4,402 comments found]