John

2 days ago
7 days ago
> 30 days ago

Men Are From Mars....

Men Are From Mars.... > Jjoohhnn's Comments

Jjoohhnn's Comments

Comment on Block Party from Hell - Sept 19, 2020 11:38 AM ()
Putting a drop of catsup (blood) on a great ape's forehead is/was used to test self-awareness--the ape would think he/she's bleeding. I hope that doesn't work with the other species.
As for bees: If you aren't disturbing the hive and they aren't wasps or African bees you should be safe. I wish we had more bees around here. Used to be that you could hear the squash patch buzzing in the morning. It hasn't been that way for a few years now and production is way down because of it.
Comment on Miscellany - Sept 15, 2020 7:24 AM ()
I haven't been anywhere except for the place where I takeout cheese steak and onion rings. I fear that my favorite Chines Buffet is gone for good but sooner or later I'll have to find Chinese. Nice that you have so many choices down there... 101 LOL!
Comment on Back to Big Louie's!! - Sept 13, 2020 1:46 PM ()
I have bags of docs going back to 1979. I rarely look back on them. Hopefully the survivors will just dump them in paper recycling.
Comment on The to Do List - Sept 8, 2020 10:56 AM ()
Oy, 5 cats. I holding my nose just in case google invented a way to transmit aroma.
Comment on Water Everywhere, Except in the House - Sept 4, 2020 12:03 PM ()
Donna says she'd take care of me if the time comes but I'm not full of confidence since it's mostly the other way around now.
Comment on Reflections on Life - Aug 30, 2020 11:47 AM ()
Every time you think you've see it all he outdoes himself. As for the PO: I'm signed up for Informed Delivery. The PO sends an email in the morning containing a scan of first-class mail, a generic "envelope" for lesser than first-class and a section below with the tracking number of incoming packages for Amazon and other sources. There is also a "coming soon" section with the approximate date for near-future packages. For the past several weeks the two lower sections have been blank with one or two exceptions. I've received a lot of packages so I can't help but wonder if this isn't part of the sabotage.
Comment on No Need to Read. Just Politics/news Stuff - Aug 30, 2020 11:04 AM ()
A perennial pepper plant? I didn't know they last longer than one season. Maybe I'll pot mine and bring one or two of the best ones in for winter. Not enough sun but the fire should keep'em warm.
Comment on Plenty of Peppers to Pick! - Aug 25, 2020 11:55 AM ()
My mother was in bad shape for a few years before she passed, but she had a man-friend and my brothers and I resisted the temptation to nag her about the unhealthy things she did. I'm only a year or two years short now of where she was then and there are things I won't give up. I've always believed in quality over quantity.
Comment on Down to the Wire - Aug 24, 2020 4:20 PM ()
You are way too young not to learn new things!
Comment on A Video Experiment - Aug 20, 2020 12:06 PM ()
If you highlight it by putting your pointer on the beginning or end of the link and pressing the left mouse button, and drag the pointer across the text. Then right-click the highlighted text and select open link it will play. But all it is is a bunch of still pics so it's really not worth the effort.
Comment on A Video Experiment - Aug 19, 2020 5:20 PM ()
Way to go...
Comment on Pad--part 3--the End - Aug 17, 2020 5:17 PM ()
In your condition you shouldn't leave stories (or anything else) unfinished!
Comment on Pad = Peripheral Artery Disease Part 1 - Aug 15, 2020 4:26 PM ()
Last thing you need is pain from a fall added to everyday pain.
I don't know how some people get "hacked" on fb repeatedly and some, such as myself, never do. Perhaps it isn't a real hack--maybe a clone or something else. Or maybe it's not enough security. How do you recover your account if the hacker changes your password?
Comment on Distress Signal - Aug 13, 2020 9:34 AM ()
I remember it well, after he said he wasn't a crook. I remember seeing the speech on TV probably on the evening news but I can't remember what was going on in my life. There are many things I don't remember but I don't know it until somebody tells me.
Comment on Nixon Resigned 46 Years Ago Today! - Aug 9, 2020 10:36 AM ()

Page 1 of 292   Next >>   [4,374 comments found]