Laura

Job / Career:
Travel

1 hour ago

It's Where?

It's Where? > Traveltales's Comments

Traveltales's Comments

It's hard work to live within our means - requires conscious decisions to do with less or even without something that seems important at the time, or it gets away from us. It's not glamorous or fun, that's for sure. And the more family members involved, if they're not all committed to it, the more difficult it is.
Comment on Within My Means - Feb 21, 2019 5:18 PM ()
I worked as a bookkeeper at a computerized restaurant every weekend for a year - had another full-time job at the time - because I figured that would be a good way to learn about computers. It helped with certain aspects of learning that subject area.
Comment on It is All Chuck's Fault!! - Feb 12, 2019 10:25 PM ()
Hooray for Jeremy! There are some household tasks that seem just insurmountable, and to a young person it's whoosh-whoosh! and done.
Comment on Two Great Surprises - Feb 12, 2019 10:20 PM ()
I don't know why bands have to be so loud - I think music should be background music to conversations not blister the paint on the walls.
Comment on Bored - Feb 12, 2019 10:17 PM ()
I run a couple community Facebook groups and we just weathered a bad 5 years after a giant flood and then our highway being closed most of the time for the past two winters. I kept everyone informed about what was going on and tried to keep it interesting. Once in awhile someone'd say something like 'Thanks for all you do, Laura' and then a bunch would chime in, and I felt like I was at my own funeral, assuming people were going to say nice things at it.
Comment on Tired - Feb 12, 2019 10:15 PM ()
I know what you mean about the English breakfast. The 'bacon' was what we'd call ham, so it's meatier and yes, limper, than our what they'd call 'streaky bacon.' And I don't think theirs is smoked or has hickory smoked flavor - seems lie it was brined, so different flavor.

And the breakfast sausage up in Yorkshire where I've visited doesn't have sage in it and our usual spices, and I got homesick for Jimmy Dean's version.

That sounds like an interesting story about the Canadian guy.
Comment on Dick Tracy's Acid Trip? - Feb 9, 2019 5:40 PM ()
I love it when things 'fix themselves.'

I'm currently trying to trick my older PC laptop into being able to update the OS on an ipod. The OS version now won't update wirelessly, has to be connected to a computer.

I'm avoiding installing the latest Mac OS onto my MacBook Air because Filemaker won't run on the latest OS - found that out the hard way. Apple owns FM now, so it feel like a scheme to get me to upgrade to the latest FM when things are perfectly fine with the current version.
Comment on Electric Stuff - Feb 7, 2019 2:21 PM ()
Finding out about it when he's already gone seems sort of rough on you. I can see where maybe he didn't want everyone making an issue of the cancer, but no time for you to get used to the idea, and then too late to tell him goodbye via card or in person. Anyhow, sorry for your loss.
Comment on It's Not Supposed to Happen This Way - Feb 6, 2019 7:47 PM ()
Nice looking ducks.

You can post multiple pictures: upload the one, copy/paste the code to your post. Click Finished and start again.
Comment on Ducks, Cold, Food & a New Store! - Jan 30, 2019 11:36 AM ()
Sometimes I feel like Rip Van Winkle - one day I realized everyone was throwing around acronyms like SOTU and POTUS and FLOTUS and WOTUS and many more. I must have been asleep when those because everyday terminology.
Comment on Sotu - Jan 26, 2019 9:00 PM ()
Comment on I Did It! - Jan 26, 2019 6:16 PM ()
I always enjoy your videos.
Comment on Don't Know What I AM Doing But Having Fun Doing It - Jan 24, 2019 11:40 AM ()
One of my neighbors who has lupus rubs some CBD oil on the inside of her wrist at bedtime, so if vaping it doesn't work for you, maybe try an alternate means.
Comment on Cold and Snowy - Jan 22, 2019 12:48 PM ()
I'm always put off by the prices of store bought baked goods. Of course I never calculate what the scratch ingredients would cost me, but once in awhile I see something I know I could not make cheaper/better tasting. Not saying I'd buy it, though.
Comment on They Show Know How to Hurt You!! - Jan 19, 2019 7:43 PM ()
Ever since I was a toddler I've had to have something to read in order to go to sleep. If that's not possible, I try to think of something non-threatening and a little boring, like how would I rearrange my kitchen if I ever remodel it.
Comment on Snow! - Jan 17, 2019 3:26 PM ()

Page 1 of 26   Next >>   [380 comments found]