Laura

Not Interested
Job / Career:
Travel

It's Where?

It's Where? > Traveltales's Comments

Traveltales's Comments

I like the concept of time travel, one of my favorite novels is Daphne du Maurier's "House on the Strand."
Comment on Biden Choices, and TV - Jan 19, 2021 7:16 PM ()
The one on the left is Celsius.
Comment on Fake News on the Weather Channel! - Jan 14, 2021 3:28 PM ()
Mike Pence was so loyal all those years, and then he does 'one little thing' like stand up for the Constitution, and Trump doesn't love him any more.
Comment on Times We Live In - Jan 11, 2021 12:55 PM ()
Of all the packages the post office didn't manage to deliver, I'm glad this one arrived in 2020, the year of surprises and life-changing stuff. 2021 is supposed to be the year we absorb all that and figure out how we're going to deal with it.
Comment on A Miracle - Jan 1, 2021 6:09 AM ()
Super! Thanks for the review. Looking forward to the Gay Guardian Angel.
Comment on "A New York Christmas Wedding"--movie Review - Dec 30, 2020 8:12 PM ()
I'm just cranky in general, and I'm always pretty mean.
Comment on In Which I AM Mean and Show No Holiday Spirit - Dec 30, 2020 8:11 PM ()
A few people around here wear shields to the supermarket, but they don't look happy. We can't tell if the mask people are happy or not.
Comment on December 25 & 26, 2020 - Dec 26, 2020 8:33 PM ()
I vote with Kristi - see if those other dog walkers could pick him up at your house and give him a little outing with dogs he knows.
Comment on My Sweet Jose is Dishing Out Punishment - Dec 19, 2020 1:05 PM ()
I enjoyed this so much because I have struggled to have any Christmas spirit. You took me back to the days when it was joyful to think about what someone might like as a gift, track it down, and get it to them.
Comment on No Jury Duty, Just Online Shopping - Dec 18, 2020 9:23 AM ()
This so very much reminds me of my mother-in-law carrying on about her dang Christmas cactus. Apparently there are different varieties that bloom different times of the year, for example there is an Easter Cactus, but they all get sold as Christmas Cactus, so then the owners just can't get over when they bloom or don't bloom. If I ever get one and join that particular club, I'll probably be just the same.
Comment on Holiday Cactus on Schedule! - Dec 15, 2020 6:30 PM ()
How nice of him! I'm not one of those fixy-crafty people, but the ones I know would get a deep shadow box type frame and put the spurs and picture(s) in it so they are all together and protected from dust by the glass. I can envision things like that, but don't trust myself to pull it off.
Comment on Spurs and Memories - Dec 12, 2020 2:15 PM ()
Thanks for these reviews, Martin. Saves me from kissing a lot of toads in the search for the Prince Charming of Netflix offerings.
Comment on Streaming Reviews--week of November 23, 2020 - Nov 29, 2020 6:26 PM ()
I'm envisioning what it must be like to be somewhere tropical today. Oceans and palm trees, and so on.
Comment on Happy Thanksgiving to All - Nov 27, 2020 5:08 PM ()
Remember how we used to get so mad at Randy Smith because he griped about fat women?

Social media can be a great equalizer because we can put out whatever image of ourselves we want to, but meet us in person, and we're not all slim and gorgeous and 30 or 40 years younger. It's too bad when people enjoy a person's online friendship and then they meet up, and the bubble is burst. Sending hugs.
Comment on Where Have All the Bloggers Gone? - Nov 27, 2020 11:49 AM ()
I'm looking forward to finding out if he brings home a new car.

In the 1950s my dad used to trade in his car for a new one nearly every year. It was a big deal when all the new models came out in the fall because there were always design changes to make the new ones stand out from last year's look. Not the case any more - they change the look on an irregular basis, but there's always new safety features like 'stay in your lane' and auto parking that sound interesting.
Comment on Our Thanksgiving 2020 - Nov 27, 2020 11:40 AM ()

Page 1 of 43   Next >>   [641 comments found]