Laura

Job / Career:
Travel

1 hour ago

It's Where?

It's Where? > Traveltales's Comments

Traveltales's Comments

I'm hoping the ballots will get mailed out with enough lead time, can picture the post offices being told to sit on them as long as possible. In the past, our local PO has done that for local elections, and it wasn't even on order by the President of the US.
Comment on Voting - July 31, 2020 6:26 PM ()
Sounds like bait and switch - they get you in there for a 'free' service but then add stuff without asking you, and then it's been done, so you feel like you have to pay for it. That $15 charge reminds me of the trash companies adding a 'fuel surcharge' when the price of gas goes up, but when it came down, they don't remove the charge.

Also, dentist offices traditionally have taken anti-virus precautions, so there should be nothing extra they had to do now.
Comment on A Rant with Questions!! :O) - July 28, 2020 5:53 PM ()
I know what you mean - Amazon gives a sense of easier dispute resolution, plus the reviews, and if the package doesn't arrive (often due to local post office incompetence) they replace it.

I've had good luck online ordering stuff for my business, not through Amazon: oval magnets to add a custom sticker to, plastic shelf/drawers cut to my measurements, cheap decorator fabric by the yard, road signs. Some things I've ordered are sold on Amazon, but I ordered directly from the company. But 75% of what I buy online is through Amazon.

This article "Why Thousands of Amazon Packages Converge on a Tiny Montana Town" was a real eye-opener for me.
Comment on Not on Amazon? it Doesn't Exist! - July 24, 2020 1:20 PM ()
One of the good things from our big flood in 2013 was we met our neighbors all up and down the canyon, and it's such a thrill to have a quick visit with them when we're out and about. I will miss some of the innovative online outreach things that came from dealing with the lock-down orders. Our local health department and county staff over-work the word 'creative' - whenever I watch some online thing, a zoom meeting or YouTube live meeting, every time someone says it, I take a sip of iced tea and pretend it's wine.
Comment on Outrunning Corona - July 21, 2020 9:41 AM ()
I agree about that song. Overdone, universal appeal to the point of being a cliche.
Comment on Isolating - July 17, 2020 2:19 PM ()
Is that same yacht there all the time? I've been watching Below Deck on Bravo, and enjoying seeing the insides of big yachts.
Comment on How Could I Ever Be Bored? - July 15, 2020 9:07 PM ()
I don't know how churches are handling it, but every time our county's public health director says 'we're going to have to be very creative' I take a sip of wine, so I'm not going to say 'the churches must be very _ _ _ _ _ _ ive.' Out of wine. Hah.
Comment on Twilight Zone (Rewrite) - July 14, 2020 8:12 PM ()
I didn't read it too closely the first time, and thought you were naming green peppers and they ignored you.
Comment on Peppers and Lizards! - July 14, 2020 8:07 PM ()
Reminds me of me telling someone 'everyone's family is dysfunctional in some way, but yours sounds particularly bad.' I don't know if that was the validation she was looking for, but it was the best I could do.
Comment on It's Not You. It's Me. - July 14, 2020 7:59 PM ()
Couldn't read it, text is too dense - need some paragraph breaks. Go into your User Center, "Edit" the post - by inserting one single line return somewhere. Save and close. The breaks in the pasted text will magically appear. I'll wait for that.
Comment on W H O Launches Study (Long) - July 11, 2020 6:53 AM ()
It reminds me of when people start having small strokes and sometimes it changes their personality. The ones who were nice all their lives become mean, and the mean ones become all sweetsy and nice.
Comment on A Quiet July 4th - July 5, 2020 6:48 PM ()
I enjoy those old Disney animated movies so much because of the old style color themes and 'by hand' animation as opposed to computer graphics.
Comment on Disney Plus: Bambi, Newsies, Hamilton - July 5, 2020 6:43 AM ()
Very nice!
Comment on Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! - June 28, 2020 5:14 PM ()
"Give up on your dreams summarizes" how I feel about my recent struggles to get a new website working. I'm not sure why it was so tricky, but it's finally working (I think). I've already forgotten what I learned in the process because I am keeping a good thought and don't want to have to have problems again.
Comment on Mail - June 25, 2020 3:34 PM ()
This makes me miss your restaurant reviews.

I was looking at a video of how one of the Las Vegas buffets is handling the reopening. They have the cooking stations with lovely looking food (according to the video). Widely-spaced customers order from (sanitized) vinyl menus that have pictures of the food available, and waiters take your order. It is dished up at the 'buffet' and brought to your table. To me, that's not a buffet, it's more of a restaurant, because they bring entree-size portions instead of customers being able to take a little taste of this and a little of that. Maybe they would consent to small portions. The cost was $48 per person for all you could eat, by the way.
Comment on Life Good & Bad June 20 2020 So Far - June 25, 2020 3:23 PM ()

Page 1 of 40   Next >>   [588 comments found]