Laura

Job / Career:
Travel

1 hour ago

It's Where?

It's Where? > Traveltales's Comments

Traveltales's Comments

Jonquils are up already? There's been years when we had a warm winter and the spring bulbs would come up this early, and then we'd get a lot more cold weather and everyone would worry about them.
Comment on Time on My Hands - Feb 16, 2020 4:58 PM ()
Electric water heaters have the temperature adjustment behind a panel that screws off. The gas ones have an easy to see & adjust knob, so I'm thinking yours is electric.
Comment on Brain Dead City - Feb 3, 2020 6:02 PM ()
Let's hope she doesn't go get another puppy because they're cute.
Comment on Relieved - Feb 3, 2020 5:24 PM ()
Maybe you've got some other things the plumber could look at while he's there. One time we had to call a plumber to replace a sink drain, and Mr. I-Can-Do-It-Myself was so thrilled he had the guy do a couple of other things while he was here. It was heart-warming.
Comment on Brain Dead City - Feb 3, 2020 7:48 AM ()
Do your local ordinances allow you to make a complaint about leash law non-compliance without the dog owner knowing it was you? Around here, a lot of dog owners act like leash laws are for wimps and don't apply to them because they overestimate how well-trained their dogs are, and they think everyone has to love those dogs.
Comment on Encounter - Jan 28, 2020 12:11 PM ()
My comment got put in the reply to John. Oops!
Comment on Road Blocks and Impediments - Jan 23, 2020 9:02 PM ()
Making your own, you know what's in it.
Comment on Just in Case - Jan 20, 2020 7:08 AM ()
Now I'm craving shrimp, but when I go to the store I'll probably buy chicken instead.
Comment on Yes, I like (Love) Food and Eating Out! - Jan 18, 2020 8:08 PM ()
That's good to know. Some of my neighbor ladies want me to go see it with them, so now I can look forward to it.
Comment on "Little Women"--movie Review - Jan 17, 2020 8:39 PM ()
Quite a story. I wonder if we'll see it on American Greed. One would expect a venerable institution like that to have better security and better inventory policies in place.
Comment on I Must Get a New Library Card! - and Museum Pass - Jan 14, 2020 8:06 PM ()
Years ago in a Rochester NY-area restaurant the guy at the next table was telling his family "In Denver where all the beef is raised, they just go to the supermarket to get the best steaks in the country." And I was thinking: "Not true! All the good meat gets sent somewhere else."
Comment on What a Way to Start off a New Year! - Jan 7, 2020 4:31 AM ()
Very entertaining, and you look marvelous!
Comment on My December 2019 Life Video! - Jan 5, 2020 5:58 PM ()
I don't want to go into a home and someone has to clean out my house, and they'll come see me with a shell-shocked look in their eye because they had no idea how much absolute worthless stuff could be stashed around here, but they won't say anything because they're speechless. So I'm hoping I'll drop dead the day after I put my business affairs in order.
Comment on Gratitude - Jan 5, 2020 5:15 PM ()
Wait. You don't use burners or the oven, just those appliances instead? Nothing wrong with that, it's just interesting. You wouldn't need pots and pans. Do you have a toaster oven?
Comment on My Holiday Gift That I Got---for Myself! - Dec 30, 2019 3:53 PM ()
It would have been admirable if they had managed to do it so everyone could pick up the story, whether new to it or a long-time fan without being obvious. Once in awhile I read a novel where the author manages to sneak in just enough description every so often so I'm not thinking 'now, who is this?' but not so much it's as if the story starts over again every 30 pages.
Comment on "Star Wars: the Rise of Skywalker"--movie Review - Dec 27, 2019 7:07 PM ()

Page 1 of 35   Next >>   [520 comments found]