Laura

Not Interested
Job / Career:
Travel

It's Where?

It's Where? > Traveltales's Comments

Traveltales's Comments

Because I'm usually in Las Vegas this time of year, I watch the Post Office Informed Delivery to see what cards are arriving there, and then send cards to those people, though my heart isn't usually in it. Some of Mr. YouKnow's family sends cards but they just sign their name - there's no point to it without some sort of further information, even if it's not a long letter. Sometimes I don't open the cards until summer time to read what people wrote. Once in awhile someone will refer to a mutual friend dying, and they assume I know all about it, just mention it, so I don't get the details. Maybe I was supposed to follow up.

His mother always signed the cards: Jean and George and then put "Mom and Dad" in parentheses, in case we might have forgotten their names and would wonder who was sending us cards. She died last Thanksgiving, and I'll miss that.

There's one couple who were pilot friends of my dad, and I wish they would forget about me, but it's a little bit interesting to see how their lives have changed as they've gotten older. I think they gave up their small airplane the last couple of years.

I used to always send a card to Larry from Mississippi - remember him? When he died, his daughter wrote to tell me that she'd found cards from me in his stuff so wanted to let me know he'd passed. For several years I sent her a Christmas card but she never responded, and she was probably glad when I stopped.

I need to get going on it - have been putting it off. Maybe I'll just sign my name without further information, see how that feels.
Comment on Christmas Cards - Dec 9, 2019 8:39 PM ()
2004!
Comment on Only 80 Days to Go But Who's Counting? - Dec 9, 2019 8:23 PM ()
Live performances are magical, and when I go to one, I always promise myself I'll get out more often. Those bike racks are exciting. The airplane one makes me think: Someone's going to put their eye out.
Comment on Nutcracker - Dec 8, 2019 2:38 PM ()
Looks like she lost her Orange Juice ad in the 1970s, and in 1985 was dropped from an Atlanta TV show "PM Atlanta" after one appearance.
Comment on Thanksgiving - Nov 30, 2019 6:59 PM ()
Yes, Catman Strothers was driving around in a snowcat. They are bigger than a Bobcat, which looks like a forklift without the fork, has a bucket loader instead.
Comment on Digging Out - Nov 30, 2019 11:47 AM ()
My goodness, Jeri, I just looked up Anita Bryant's age, and she's 79, younger than you are, and you're right, she didn't age as well as you have. I see that she was Miss Oklahoma in 1958, and second runner-up in the 1959 Miss American pageant.
Comment on Thanksgiving - Nov 29, 2019 5:43 PM ()
Hope whatever you decided to do worked out. I hate those tight parking lots.
Comment on Happy Thanksgiving - Nov 29, 2019 10:40 AM ()
I didn't see that coming.
Comment on Laughs - Nov 29, 2019 10:34 AM ()
This is one of those years when Thanksgiving is relatively late - fewer weeks between it and Christmas. It's like everything is on warp speed.
Comment on -Uugghh - Nov 24, 2019 1:08 PM ()
You would never be bored, and you're never boring!
Comment on A New Phenomenon! - Nov 24, 2019 12:47 PM ()
I love it when stores have surprise items. There's been times I decided 'I don't need that,' and I was sorry later.
Comment on Unusual Results - Nov 22, 2019 7:22 PM ()
How nice to know there's a good movie out there. I'm looking forward to seeing it some time.
Comment on "The Good Liar"--movie Review - Nov 15, 2019 9:00 PM ()
Silly kitties! They act nonchalant, but always have an ear tuned to detect a door that's been left ajar so they can make their escape.
Comment on Different Memories - Nov 14, 2019 11:32 AM ()
Your holiday menu planning always inspires me. Right now I'm thinking about your 'lots of cookies!' Not just cookies, but lots of them. I'm going to add another kind to my list.
Comment on Gray and Dismal - Nov 12, 2019 7:29 PM ()
I can't remember if this is the one, but there's one restaurant you review that is my favorite - the one that has/had the daily specials. It always sounded like they had reasonable prices and you always had good things to say about it.
Comment on "New" Quarterdeck Restaurant Review - Nov 11, 2019 7:52 AM ()

Page 1 of 34   Next >>   [503 comments found]