Laura

Travel

1 day ago

1 day ago

It's Where?

It's Where? > Traveltales's Comments

Traveltales's Comments

The collage you posted is a nice change from the Zoom etc. meeting screens. I might start a list of things I want to do 'out and about' at some point. I need to go to the bank to get into the Safe Deposit Box. So far, that's it, aside from grocery shopping every two weeks.
Comment on Hurricane Season Starts June 1 - May 18, 2020 2:52 AM ()
I agree. It's a never-ending project that has to be approached with an internal motivation to make our small part of the world a better place. Sometimes my internal motivation is: 'If I wanted to look at a mess, I'd stay at home.'
Comment on Trash - May 14, 2020 8:19 AM ()
Mushy corned beef hash sounds like dog food. Hope they come up with an alternative.
Comment on Enough is Enough - May 13, 2020 7:10 PM ()
Have you seen those Captcha things where we're supposed to count the number of pictures that have a sidewalk or a hand rail in them and enter that number to prove we're not a robot?
Comment on People? Who Needs People? - May 13, 2020 7:06 PM ()
I know it's not funny to you, but I was laughing because it's so much like a visit from my sister and mother back when I had a sister and a mother. You have us. We would never say those things.
Comment on Cheap Champagne - May 13, 2020 7:05 PM ()
Happy birthday Fredo.
Comment on May Day is a Happy Day Dear Fredo - Apr 30, 2020 7:52 PM ()
Sounds good. I'll put it on my list. Thanks.
Comment on "A Secret Love"--must See--review Netflix - Apr 30, 2020 7:51 PM ()
I ordered some fabric on Amazon, a good-sized chunk big enough for a quilt back. Search for "Quilt backing 108 inch wide, by the yard."

It was supposed to be 100% cotton, that's what the description said, but when it came it had an odd feel to it - very stiff sizing in it, perhaps. Or maybe it isn't really 100% cotton. I pre-washed it, and it's still the stiffness and feel of a roofing tarp. I am thinking of washing it some more to see if that can soften it up. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do with it, aside from draping over a leaky roof.
Comment on Sewing, and Nerd News. - Apr 30, 2020 7:50 PM ()
I really enjoyed that Liar Tweets Tonight video. It would make a great campaign ad - sort of a 'need we say more?'
Comment on Liar Tweets, and Laundry - Apr 30, 2020 1:18 PM ()
I'll bet that poor wrong number woman who used to call you really misses you having a landline.
Comment on Weirded Out - Apr 25, 2020 2:39 PM ()
Congratulations on the church merger - it's a promise of good things to come in the future. Social distancing is so opposite of how church congregations deal with social disruptions - hugging is a big part of their road to recovery.
Comment on Mind Blown - Apr 25, 2020 2:37 PM ()
Thanks for the info. It's hard to choose without some prior recommendations. I would watch some of those TV series that are now on Netflix, like Forensic Files or one about cold cases, but they are designed for commercial breaks, so every time there was a 'break' they give a brief recap of the story, and it's irritating.
Comment on Movies, Series, Documentaries & a Standup Comic - Apr 25, 2020 2:29 PM ()
I hope the benefit lasts a good long time.
Comment on The Pain Saga - Apr 25, 2020 2:21 PM ()
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds -- it sounds interesting to me."

I wonder what sector of the population he would experiment on if/when someone will let him.
Comment on Yeah, Right - Apr 24, 2020 1:07 PM ()
The river restoration experts in our region have decided that beaver dams are the solution to what ails our rivers, so sing their praises.
Comment on No Drinking Bleach for Me - Apr 24, 2020 8:25 AM ()

Page 1 of 38   Next >>   [562 comments found]