Laura

Job / Career:
Travel

48 min ago

It's Where?

It's Where? > Traveltales's Comments

Traveltales's Comments

I don't know if we have those fire hydrant indicators in Colorado, will have to look for them.
Comment on October Surprises--mostly Good! - Oct 13, 2021 6:12 AM ()
I made a little list in my head of where I'd like to go, and if we dined out once a day, I would be there for 8 days at least. It is an entertaining thought.
Comment on Food!!! - Oct 11, 2021 2:34 PM ()
I always enjoy your restaurant reviews. The year 2020 has a lot to answer for.
Comment on Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale - Oct 10, 2021 9:58 AM ()
Cute baby!
Comment on Dogs, a Baby, Weather, Orchids--october 2021 - Oct 5, 2021 8:59 PM ()
I'm surprised the landscape nazis didn't take that orchid out when they streamlined the yards a few years ago.
Comment on End of September 2021 - Sept 29, 2021 7:54 PM ()
Two or three years ago my state passed a law that the state would somehow purchase pharmaceuticals from other countries in order to help keep the cost of prescriptions down for Colorado residents, and I was thinking that it is an official admission that the way things work in our country are so broken, the only hope is to do this kind of work around at the state level. And it doesn't seem like a sustainable plan for state governments. The good thing is that our federal government hasn't banned private citizens from purchasing prescription medication from wherever we can. I expect that the pharma lobbyists would like to see that ban.

I enjoy watching The Andy Griffith Show and Perry Mason reruns and identifying various actors who went on to make their name in other roles. Jack Nicholson, and Clint Eastwood for example.

Comment on Life in the Time of Covid - Sept 29, 2021 7:51 PM ()
I often wish there was a setting where we could brighten up those dark-lit scenes similar to toggling captions. Next time I think of it, I'll try different mode settings on my TV - ie theater mode. But I think that's more to do with width of the screen.
Comment on Streaming Reviews--september 2021--part 3 - Sept 17, 2021 3:56 AM ()
Seems like some women think it's sexy to be subservient to macho so-called patriotic men, and voting Republican is one of the ways they choose to demonstrate it.
Comment on Abortion - Sept 10, 2021 9:14 AM ()
I wish my stove's display would be able to toggle between how much time is left on the timer and what the oven is set at, but haven't been able to figure out if that's possible.
Comment on Stoves Are Us - Sept 5, 2021 6:38 PM ()
In our northern Colorado county the ICU beds are at 104% capacity, most filled with non-vaccinated covid patients who are in the 30-50 age range. We're not locked down yet, but everyone is supposed to go back to wearing masks indoors in public places, whether vaccinated or not. It's hard to go back now that we've had a taste of less restrictions.
Comment on Covid - Sept 5, 2021 6:22 PM ()
Thanks, Martin.
Comment on Streaming Reviews--august 2021--part 8 - Sept 2, 2021 7:25 PM ()
Hi, Kevin.
Comment on G'day - Sept 2, 2021 7:23 PM ()
I've tried watching some of the foreign Netflix offerings in the murder mystery genre, but it's irritating when they are dubbed with English. Sometimes the people reading the parts in English aren't very good actors, so it comes off as wooden.
Comment on Streaming Reviews--august 2021--part 6 - Aug 19, 2021 7:13 PM ()
I'd like to change my profile picture, but am worried that if I try I'll lose it entirely and have no way to get it back. I think whatever we have now is all we're going to get with no way to do updates.
Comment on Where is Eddie? - Aug 18, 2021 8:40 PM ()
I'm marveling at that neon sign. And thinking about how much effort I put into getting some pathetic plants to grow, none of this Jack and Beanstalk business where seeds tossed out in the yard become pumpkins and tomatoes.
Comment on Id, Please! - Aug 18, 2021 8:11 PM ()

Page 1 of 48   Next >>   [713 comments found]