Laura

Not Interested
Job / Career:
Travel

It's Where?

It's Where? > Traveltales's Comments

Traveltales's Comments

The thing about it is that if we are at an unfamiliar computer, doing some troubleshooting for our husband or a friend, those sorts of messages have an authentic air about them because we don't know what's usual for that particular computer. So it would be easy to get taken in by a message like that. And if we're there troubleshooting, there's always the worry that our husband or friend already clicked on several of those.
Comment on Computer Doom is Gonna Getcha - Aug 17, 2019 4:20 PM ()
I nearly put a 'spiced pumpkin flavor' alert on Facebook. It seems so early for it to be showing up on the store shelves, but it's next to the Halloween candy, which has been out for at least a couple of weeks. Labor Day is a pretty boring holiday from a merchandising standpoint, except for Back to School, which has gotten diluted by so many schools starting in August.
Comment on Guilt and the Cat in the Hat - Aug 17, 2019 12:42 PM ()
I agree with you.
Comment on Epstein - Did He Do It? - Aug 10, 2019 9:07 AM ()
The best legacy you can leave is having things organized, especially business documents. With paperless business dealings, I worry about the people taking care of my affairs not finding my passwords so they can see what bills are due and pay them. I suppose one of those online password repositories is the answer - one password to bring up the log-in information for the rest of them, and write it on a piece of paper and put it in the bank box, but I haven't undertaken to set that up.

I was looking in Zillow at houses on your street, and it wasn't the one next to you, but some of the rooms looked like the ceilings were practically coming down and the drywall was trashed, but other rooms looked in okay condition with some furniture.
Comment on Just Doing It - Aug 8, 2019 11:00 AM ()
That attitude reminds me of the time we went to those casinos south of Memphis and all the employees there very carefully never made eye contact with us or treated us like they appreciated our business. They were all young blacks and we got the feeling they were making a point of demonstrating to any white people they came across how it felt (and probably stills feels to some degree) to be black in the segregated South for that last century or so. We got the message.
Comment on Fast Food Hell--a Long Rant by a Guy Who Usually - Aug 6, 2019 5:34 PM ()
That's wonderful! Coming up to you purring sounds like a very good omen. Our experience is they go straight to the closet for a day or so and then they're fine.
Comment on Welcome Garfield - Aug 4, 2019 9:40 AM ()
I just now saw this. My goodness! House curses do exist - we have the proof of that here. I'm going to change the street name to Dead Man's Hollow.
Comment on The Bad Luck House Continued ... - July 28, 2019 9:22 PM ()
The nice thing is you have such a good reputation as a driver, people are lining up to loan you their car.
Comment on Decisions! Decisions! Decisions! - July 28, 2019 4:10 PM ()
That was a near miss. Showing fake pictures - what a nerve.
Comment on Air Conditioner Scam - July 26, 2019 3:21 PM ()
Yawn.... It's putting me to sleep it's so boring looking. It looks and sounds like you are living out a science fiction story - soylent green-ish. Do you know for a fact that those lost residents really did end up dead/in rehab and nursing homes?
Comment on The New 'Uniform' Gateway Terrace Apartments - July 25, 2019 9:11 PM ()
Spaghetti land behind the TV is a hoot. Lucky all that fiddling with the juice didn't fry the refrigerator.
Comment on The House Electric - July 25, 2019 12:31 PM ()
I'm obviously not very good at it, because I am too nice to the renters.
Comment on Excitement at the Ranch - July 25, 2019 7:18 AM ()
Sounds wonderful. New Mexico isn't as touristy as Colorado - a mellower place to go, plus it's probably a shorter drive.
Comment on Countdown to Vacay - July 24, 2019 9:58 AM ()
I think of hollyhocks as wholesome ladies who are good cooks.
Comment on Thoroughly Bitten - July 24, 2019 9:54 AM ()
Oh. Well you tell them if your reviews aren't objective and honest, they would be worthless. You tell it as you see it. And if they are so keen on giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, they should go spend their money at those places and find out for themselves.
Comment on Someone Asked Me a Question--this is My Answer - July 23, 2019 8:42 PM ()

Page 1 of 31   Next >>   [457 comments found]